Clutch mod question 04 650r

5 replies to this topic
  • Ian_FE501

Posted August 10, 2006 - 04:37 PM

Hi,
I'm in the process of installing the extra clutch plate but am unsure whether it goes under the judder spring/collar or on top of them.

Ian

• Old_Man_Time

Posted August 10, 2006 - 07:22 PM

I believe it is under it. The extra plate merely works as a spacer. I have owned 2 XR650Rs and have found the stock clutch to easily go out of spec and slip. I am going to try this mod myself when I remove my Rekluse auto clutch next time the clutch starts slipping.

• morewoops

Posted August 10, 2006 - 08:44 PM

under, the only distraction is that when engaging the clutch it sometimes makes a wierd chattering sound . Other than that it works great

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adam574

Posted August 10, 2006 - 09:28 PM

wanna elaborate on this mod. my clutch definately seems like it slips on the street. i don't notice it much in the dirt. but if all i gotta do is add an extra plate then i am all over it.

• adam574

Posted August 10, 2006 - 09:29 PM

wanna elaborate on this mod... mine feels like it slips on the street. i don't really notice it much in the dirt but if all i gotta do is add a plate then i am all over it

• Ian_FE501

Posted August 10, 2006 - 10:40 PM

Thanks fellas,
The clutch lever has always been nearly all the way out before take-up, right from new and only a small amount of pressure would start to disengage. I've got 17,000 klms on her now and it is slipping, usually noticed when a shifting heavilly into top. Another thing I just noticed is the clutch cable is nearly abraded right through because the angle of the bracket is wrong (where it feeds to the arm), easily bent to fit right, either in a vice or in-situ using a large shifter.
Ian

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.