XR600R to XR650R wheel swap

2 replies to this topic
  • Blome

Posted August 10, 2006 - 04:26 PM

I have n XR600R with 17" excel rims and talon hubs. I'm thinking about buying an XR650R with stock wheels and swapping the wheels from the XR600R. I was wondering if their was any way to get this to work (ie swap the guts from the hubs). I did a few searches on this, but no thread gives a definite answer. In fact, I saw many conflicting answers. So can it be done?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BluezookS

Posted August 10, 2006 - 06:15 PM

Try this guy. He is a wheel guru in CO. He can do it for you or let you know if it is possible.

www.woodyswheelworks.com ........or call toll free 1-866-936-0232

http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/

• Blome

Posted August 11, 2006 - 01:14 PM

Just in case anyone was wondering. I just got off the phone with woody's and they said the wheels should match up if you switch out the wheels bearings. He said all the bearings, spacers, and dust seals had the same part number so it should work. Hopefully this info helps someone.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.