All balls linkage bearing kit... crap?

No replies to this topic
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted August 10, 2006 - 03:35 PM

Has anyone besides me found All Balls bearing kits to be slightly less than a satisfactory quality? :thumbsup:

I put an All Balls linkage kit in my 99 WR400 back toward the middle/end of May. I took the linkage back appart tonigt to regrease the bearings and found that they were self distructing (I'm talking about the two bearings in the "L" link). The inner races had the chrome worn off badly, the needles were starting to blow the end of the bearing out on one bearing, and had already blown a bit of the end out of the other. And one of the inner race pieces, one of the short ones, cracked all the way through on one side!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.