WR450F Speedo Adaptor

2 replies to this topic
  • sxrstuart

Posted August 10, 2006 - 06:46 AM

I am going to buy a set of supermoto wheels for my 2005 wr450F.
Do i need an adaptor for my cable speedo as the supermoto wheel is 17" & the standard enduro wheel is 21", do i need this for the speedo to work & not give a false reading.
Any advise would be very helpfull.

thanks

stuart

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • StreetbikePimp

Posted August 10, 2006 - 09:25 AM

Yes your speedo will not give you an accurate reading of your speed. It will read about 15-25 km faster then actual.

I do not know of any adapters that you could do with your current speedometer. Most people go to an aftermarket speed that uses a magnet with a sensor, and allows you to program your wheel diameter in.

• xr_man

Posted August 10, 2006 - 09:45 AM

you might well find one of the other yamaha models (with 17" wheels) has a drive that will fit ....then look on ebay for someone parting out that bike

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.