Triple clamp and Fork brace

7 replies to this topic
  • pbusanga

Posted August 10, 2006 - 06:26 AM

Hi has anybody tried these triple clamps and fork brace for xr650r they look like good value

http://www.rswracing.com/xr650r.htm

:thumbsup:

• sl33py

Posted August 10, 2006 - 11:36 AM

someone said treadmarks might have this... I've bugged him enough about everything else - hopefully he'll chime in.

rob

• ghoti

Posted August 10, 2006 - 11:52 AM

I've ordered a fork brace from Ron, received the wrong part and I was very pleased with his customer service. Part is nicely finished and fit well.

• rcnutt

Posted August 10, 2006 - 01:13 PM

I've been running the fork brace on my xr650r for a couple months and It's a nice product.Good fit and finish, and tightened up the front real nice. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fjfilips

Posted August 11, 2006 - 10:48 AM

The RSW fork brace for the XR650R is "U" shaped. Silly question, but is it mounted with the bottom of the U closest to the tire, or is it suppose to be mounted with the U "upside down"? I got one used and didn't get the instructions.

I tried it on with the U closest to the tire and mounted as high as I could on the forks with just enough room above it for a skinny hose clamp to hold the fork boots on. At rest there was about a 1/2" of space between the knobs & the brace, but after a high speed run I could see a few knobs that made contact (and the tire is about 1/3 worn down).

With a new tire, it looks like it would always hit. I am hoping I just mounted it the wrong way.

Thanks,
Frank

Thanks

• snaggleXR650

Posted August 11, 2006 - 05:58 PM

The U should be upside down so that it follows the contour of the tire and the bottom of the front fender...

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 12, 2006 - 12:13 PM

The U should be upside down so that it follows the contour of the tire and the bottom of the front fender...

Snaggle, did I dream this or are you running the SRC brace on your R? If so how do you think the two braces compare?

• TREADMARKS

Posted August 14, 2006 - 04:12 PM

I had the rws triple clamp and fork brace on my "L" and it made all the difference in the world. Flickability in traffic was way better than stock.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.