No replies to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted November 21, 2001 - 07:18 AM

i raced a mx on the wr (finally got it back) and was able to do the whole track in 2nd and third third gear. i finished as well and rode better than on the rm250 i had been riding, but i could leave that bike in 2nd the whole lap and forget about shifting.
the point i'm getting at is the jump between 2nd and third is a little tall. if it had a taller 2nd or a lower 3rd, this would be a one-gear bike for mx, too.
not complaining, just stating an observation. maybe when i need new chain and sprockets i'll go a tooth or two bigger in the back. i can deal with it though and wouldn't trade my thumper for anyting. it feels good to be back on the yamathumper again.
peace out, pin it and grin :) !!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.