gasket sealing question.. case is buggered- help

1 reply to this topic
  • JustDucki

Posted August 09, 2006 - 09:46 PM

Alright.. I finally decided to install a highout stator on my 600R after dealing with weak lights etc.. on baja designs kit.

Ok.. so I take the case cover off and begin to install the new stator.. Meanwhile my neighbor boy, who is always bored and looking for something to do, decides to help (1st mistake).. I asked him to carefully remove the old gasket pieces from the case... I sprayed it with remover and gave him a safety razor... Not sure how but he manage to nick the HELL OUT OF MY CASE... So I think hmm. enough sealer should still be ok... HELL NO...leaks like crazy.. ok I pull it off and smooth the surfaces with emery cloth and it looks decent (I am still a little ticked).

My question:

What is the best gasket sealer to use for this case?????? I really don't care about cost and it has to compensate for my dingus neighbor boys nicks...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR6's_rule

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:15 AM

Try Threebond white, I use it on all my engines and its the best sealer i've come across. Has he damaged the surface on the cover or the crankcase? If its just the cover you can take it to a machine shop and get it surfaced.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.