WR tool kit

6 replies to this topic
  • ekim125

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:38 PM

I'm starting to collect tools for my WR400. What do you bring with you in your kit when you go out on a ride specific for the WR?

• Turismo

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:46 PM

I use my friends tools! :thumbsup:
Why weigh your self down?

Seriously, with 8mm, 10mm and 12mm sockets and ratchet spanners you can strip your bike.

Add the right size allen keys (4mm and 3mm I think), star screw driver and a 6mm socket, you have the carby covered.

I always take a leatherman multi tool, they are great!

• Asgeir

Posted August 09, 2006 - 11:37 PM

Check out :

http://www.blueridgeracing.com/

for probably the best toolkits available.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pHreaC

Posted August 10, 2006 - 06:53 AM

There was a tread about this a while ago with a lot of useful info. Was looking for it myself, but the help-button does not seem to function properly.

pHreaC

• GCannon

Posted August 10, 2006 - 07:41 AM

Motion pro has cool aluminum tire irons with a 3/8 drive that goes into the axle nut socket. Motion pro also has a new aluminum chain breaker I have the steel one very heavy an aluminum one might save 1/4 to 1/2 pound.
http://www.motionpro...torcycle/tools/

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 10, 2006 - 08:32 AM

I use my friends tools! :thumbsup:
Why weigh your self down?

Seriously, with 8mm, 10mm and 12mm sockets and ratchet spanners you can strip your bike.

Add the right size allen keys (4mm and 3mm I think), star screw driver and a 6mm socket, you have the carby covered.

I always take a leatherman multi tool, they are great!

I can almost completely disassemble my wr450 with what's on this list. I use 1/4 drive sockets, small ratchet and a 4" extension. You will also need the 6mm allen. Get a couple of screw driver bits (different sizes so you don't strip the heads). Zip ties, wire, patch kit, 3 tire irons (not two), small bicycle pump, small baby powder, a couple of rags, and a small spool of wire (never know when you have to secure your fender to get back!)

I don't know enough about chains yet, but I need to learn. Important, get the Moose Rider's Wrench so you can get your wheels off. http://www.motorcycl...=646&Division=6

this all will weigh about 5lbs or so and will easily fit into a small backpack or camelback. I think that this will be enough to get you back to your truck or to allow you to finish your ride.

Get a leatherman, or one of the cheaper imitations available at walmart or target.

Whenenver I do maintenance on my bike of any sort, I always use the tools that I carry with me on the trail. I then add to my toolbox at home as well as my backpack as needed.

• face_plant

Posted August 10, 2006 - 10:37 AM

there is a link to i think drc hardware on the main page if not wheelingcycle.com they have a 25-27? cant remember mm spanner/tire spoon its a really nice addition

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.