need all the help i can get on this

10 replies to this topic
  • TheSacrament588

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:19 PM

i have a 2006 wr450 and i just got the ASV F1 clutch w/hot start well when i was taking the stock lever off i saw that there is a little electrical wire that goes into it and it looks as if every time u pull the clutch a little button goes down well there is no place to put this on the let ASV lever that i got so i was wondering what i should do do i really need this wire? what is it there for?

• Turismo

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:22 PM

The wire is there so you have to pull the clutch in to start your bike.
Simply close the circuit and you can start your bike any time in gear.

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:23 PM

It's the clutch interlock switch for the starter. Basically you have two choices. 1) jumper the two wires and the bike will start in any gear clutch-in or out or 2) leave the wires open and the bike will only start in neutral.

• TheSacrament588

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:28 PM

I'm not really sure what jumper the 2 wires together means does it mean to cut the wire's and twist them together or like get one of those thing's that you put both ends of the wire in and clamp it shut? i know it sounds dumb but I'm new at all of this thanks

• Turismo

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:33 PM

I'm not really sure what jumper the 2 wires together means does it mean to cut the wire's and twist them together or like get one of those thing's that you put both ends of the wire in and clamp it shut? i know it sounds dumb but I'm new at all of this thanks

Yep, that's what you can do. The twist and wrap with electrical tape is what I did.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Easiest way is to just cut the two wires between the switch and the connector and solder them together. If you leave enough wire at the connector you can always solder the switch back on if you decide you want to go back.

• TheSacrament588

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:37 PM

ok cool thanks alot you guys i though it was going to be something much more than that thanks again

• ARin

Posted August 09, 2006 - 11:06 PM

Definitely solder those wires together and close the circuit. who the hell wants to find neutral every time they start the bike??? just pull in the clutch (no matter what gear you are in) and go.

Id have to say that the only time my bike is EVER in neutral is when i am loading/unloading it from the truck.

• Asgeir

Posted August 09, 2006 - 11:23 PM

I just took the switch out of the oem clutch perch and hid it behind my numberplate. (still connected)

When out of the perch, it is in the same position as when you pull the clutch.

That way it is there if I need it.

• dirty jim

Posted November 12, 2006 - 07:03 PM

Is this only on 2006 models

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted November 12, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Is this only on 2006 models

Nope, My 04 was the same way.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.