I just stumbled on this - a lot of good info.

99 replies to this topic
  • Baddog650L

Posted November 29, 2009 - 11:32 AM

I thought I was funny. You guys are a riot. Oh, tell me what you hear, other than wind blast.

And yes, I never took my website seriously. This is all about having fun. I hope everyone gets something out of all this.

• Baddog650L

Posted November 29, 2009 - 12:46 PM

To me KTM 640 = Engine fire at 2000 miles. I asked KTM to replace the motor after three fires, they said, "Volvo has some really good sealant for engine gaskets. That should fix it." After nearly turning my leg into a Saturday roast, the KTM was back on the sales lot.

• HondaXRider

Posted November 29, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Thats true..

citroen rover and LADA actually has the best liquid sealant.

cadillac, suzuki and PUCH doesnt even come close.

Its very important to pay attention of what sealant brand to use, or you have to do it over and over again, cause the oil wont stop seeping or spitting out causing a 4th engine fire.

Nice soud clip. what chair did you use to hold thatL standing upright when shifting through the gears at wot?? Akra pipe? no doubt about it..

Edited by HondaXRider, December 01, 2009 - 07:20 AM.

• Baddog650L

Posted November 29, 2009 - 05:39 PM

I used an old wooden stool. I put the bike on it and used a rubber trailer strap to keep it on the chair. I climbed on top of the seat, and fired up the bike. I had a friend blow on the microphone in my pocket to add wind noise. It took some real coaxing to get the guy to blow hard enough on the microphone to simulate 95 mph.

Can anyone hear the one spot where I hit redline?

• Kyron

Posted November 30, 2009 - 07:04 AM

Can anyone hear the one spot where I hit redline?

just after your friend blew on your microphone in your pocket :banghead:

• HondaXRider

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:03 AM

.....I had a friend blow on the microphone in my pocket to add wind noise. It took some real coaxing to get the guy to blow hard enough on the microphone to simulate 95 mph.

Can anyone hear the one spot where I hit redline?[/QUOTE]

@4,27

Redlining that hard is not recommended,
especially not with the rear wheel rotating free while the bike is standing on a wooden "pinnstol"... or chair if you prefer.

A real blow-j-b then,,..I can imagine it takes alot of effort to simulate 95 km/h by blowing in a microphone.

I am not gonna write more bad jokes in this tread because its really a unserious low level.. TT is better witout alot of misinformation:bye!:banghead:

• Baddog650L

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:40 PM

I figured it would be two days and someone would take all that and go right down the gay obscene road with it or say something really whacked. I was right.

And, no, I would never rev that high while the bike was free standing on a stool. :banghead: At it turns out, the bike has been revving like that for about three years. I do know one thing, I cannot maintain that kind of RPMs for very long unless I am moving very very fast.

The bike tends to pick up a bearing noise when the oil is too hot. But otherwise, the bike has been perfectly reliable, and a riot to ride with a power band that I did not have before.

• Baddog650L

Posted November 30, 2009 - 08:46 PM

An FYI: The volume on the sound clip was not altered. The exhaust sound shock wave tends to throw the recorder off up past 70 mph and cancels out the microphone. I also discovered by accident that foam ear plugs have little protective effect on something that loud at high speed. The wind and motor noise went right into my skull, and left my ears ringing for about 4 hours. I think I need a quieter helmet.

• valvesrule

Posted November 30, 2009 - 11:16 PM

An FYI: The volume on the sound clip was not altered. The exhaust sound shock wave tends to throw the recorder off up past 70 mph and cancels out the microphone. I also discovered by accident that foam ear plugs have little protective effect on something that loud at high speed. The wind and motor noise went right into my skull, and left my ears ringing for about 4 hours. I think I need a quieter helmet.

Couldn't hear it over my Ipod anyway!

• Kyron

Posted December 01, 2009 - 06:06 AM

I think I need a quieter helmet.

:banghead: NoWaY!! ...... you wear a helmet ??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baddog650L

Posted December 01, 2009 - 08:20 AM

Why wear a helmet? I can't ever get the bike into top gear at the high end of the engine's effective range anyway. It is too damn much power.

I have one simple rule with this bike: "Make sure you are pointed were you want to go, then hit the gas."

Right?

• Thunderchild

Posted December 01, 2009 - 07:09 PM

Did this thread arrive here from some portal to the Bizarro World Thumper Talk Forums??? :banghead:

• scalejockey

Posted December 01, 2009 - 08:22 PM

I'm still looking around for Ashton Kutcher.

• Kyron

Posted December 02, 2009 - 08:23 AM

.......I'm just glad that tex-ass-dr guy hasnt found this thread .....

• ThumpNRed

Posted December 02, 2009 - 11:25 AM

.......I'm just glad that tex-ass-dr guy hasnt found this thread .....

Shhh... he might be listening! :banghead:

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 02, 2009 - 11:44 AM

I have one simple rule with this bike: "Make sure you are pointed were you want to go, then hit the gas."

Right?

You just described riding anything equipped with a teraflex tire...

Dave

• Baddog650L

Posted December 04, 2009 - 09:37 AM

Nice video Kyron!

Hills like that can sometimes be found on highway construction sites. When I was 14, there was 5 mile stretch of abandon highway construction in Lancaster, PA with all the bridges built for all the original country roads as overpasses. These places were a hoot because of the 30 foot drops near the bridges and 50 or 60 foot climbs, huge bowls built for on-ramps and other goodies.

I miss the good ol' days watching that video.

• valvesrule

Posted December 08, 2009 - 11:50 AM

Here's a "unique" L that fits nicely into this thread. I'm absolutely dumbfounded. I got nuthin' else to say. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4a9ce55141

• XR650L_Dave

Posted December 08, 2009 - 02:16 PM

Here's a "unique" L that fits nicely into this thread. I'm absolutely dumbfounded. I got nuthin' else to say. http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4a9ce55141

Gussetted the frame?

That's no good, half the L suspension is in the frame flex!

Dave

• Kyron

Posted December 08, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Gussetted the frame?

That's no good, half the L suspension is in the frame flex!

Dave

:banghead:

I just asked that and who made the swingarm extentions ?

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.