Radiator Guards??

10 replies to this topic
  • dbehr624

Posted August 09, 2006 - 11:55 AM

I have an 06, and i heard that Radiator Guards are a good investment and was wondering which ones to get. I looked at the Works Connection ones and those seem good. Dont really know of any others though. Any Help is appreciated. Thanks

-Darren

• grayracer513

Posted August 09, 2006 - 12:07 PM

Thew WC's look like the ones I would use. von Beard used them and says :thumbsup:

• barch88

Posted August 09, 2006 - 12:11 PM

Unabikers.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 09, 2006 - 12:12 PM

The WC cages are very strong. I was very impressed by how sturdy they are. They don't offer any added protection to the front of the radiators from rocks and such, but the stock louvers are good enough for me since I'm strictly MX. But as far as protecting thre radiators from getting bent or crushed, they are awesome. It would take a very nasty get off to damage the radiator with these on.

• dbehr624

Posted August 09, 2006 - 01:16 PM

Allright, once I get some money I will get the WCs. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rexbond007

Posted August 09, 2006 - 04:33 PM

also look at flatlandracing.com i got a good set that is welded. not bolt together!

• crfmatt

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:08 PM

Unabikers.

There was a post on here about how the Unabikers didnt fit well at all (426) but maybe they are good for the 450's...

• Crash 2006

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Where is the cheapest place to buy the WC Radiator Guards??

• ben_suhard

Posted August 10, 2006 - 08:50 AM

MXA mag also reckons WC rad guards are pretty good.

• DrThumper

Posted August 10, 2006 - 11:08 AM

I had WC's, they were fine, but no front protection and rubbed my IMS oversized tank a lot, bad fit with the oversized tank! I broke the plastic stock ones and when I went to replace them I found that the WC's had broken...probably from fatique (rubbing on the tank and all). I replaced them with Devol Guards...I know, I know, a lot of you guys don't like Devols, but I like them. Front protection, side protection, no air blockage on the back (like WCs)...and heck, they were on sale!

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 10, 2006 - 11:20 AM

I had WC's, they were fine, but no front protection and rubbed my IMS oversized tank a lot, bad fit with the oversized tank! I broke the plastic stock ones and when I went to replace them I found that the WC's had broken...probably from fatique (rubbing on the tank and all). I replaced them with Devol Guards...I know, I know, a lot of you guys don't like Devols, but I like them. Front protection, side protection, no air blockage on the back (like WCs)...and heck, they were on sale!

On the 06's they are cages and in no way affect tank fitment or airflow.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.