Who is good at porting?

3 replies to this topic
  • randall205

Posted August 09, 2006 - 07:33 AM

I'd like to do some mild porting on my '91 XR600. I'd like to do it myself if anybody has a guide to go by or some suggestions (I haven't done much four stroke work, I'm more of a two stroke guy). Otherwise, who should I send the head to to get some quality work. I'm not looking to make it a rocket, just want to liven it up a bit. Thanks,
-Jed

• motomonte

Posted August 09, 2006 - 09:49 AM

Check this site mototuneusa they have something about porting

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jon-D

Posted August 09, 2006 - 02:32 PM

Travis_D37 has done some porting and may be able to do something for you. if you want to do it yourself, the simplest thing you could do is smooth out the intake/exhaust and polish it up a bit.

• Boudroux

Posted August 09, 2006 - 02:38 PM

A while back I met a guy who was building a race bike and he had some material machined off the flywheel and said that it livened it up a hair.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.