'94 600R Elec. problems

I've narrowed my problem to the stator. I see you guys talking about having these rewound, where can I get this done and how much is it gonna cost me?

It still has continuity but the ohms are out of wack with what's in the book. I replaced the CDI and checked the pulse generator, coil, regulator and all wiring. I'm thinking about just buying the Moose stator and calling it good. Also I'm thinking of getting a new xr650r. I haven't read anything bad about them other than there a little lame from the factory...is it worth it?

I know I posted this really early, I didn't realize at first you guys were waaay over there...but I'll be outta work & riding before you!

Thanks for the info. I ordered the moose stator w/ dual lighting anyways, I don't have much patience and big clumsy hands so rewinding it myself is out of the question. I got a screaming deal on it from one of my old sponsors even though I haven't raced in almost 10 years.

I've narrowed my problem to the stator. I see you guys talking about having these rewound, where can I get this done and how much is it gonna cost me?

It still has continuity but the ohms are out of wack with what's in the book. I replaced the CDI and checked the pulse generator, coil, regulator and all wiring. I'm thinking about just buying the Moose stator and calling it good. Also I'm thinking of getting a new xr650r. I haven't read anything bad about them other than there a little lame from the factory...is it worth it?

I know I posted this really early, I didn't realize at first you guys were waaay over there...but I'll be outta work & riding before you!

Just so you know.

XR600s have issues with stators after a while. It's because after mny miles the insulatrion breaks down and stops working. Symptoms are very diff to start.

Options are a rewind or a high power rewind. Up to you. You certainly dont need a high power rewind to get your bike back to normal. High power is only needed if you need all the lights and accessories to run.