Very VERY cool XR.

26 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:43 PM

Maybe you all have seen this?

http://gallery.rally..._id=4890&Page=1

In pic 17, why would you have duel clutch cables ? :thumbsup:

It's almost like they know the hooked up one will eventually break?

• HawkGT

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:48 PM

Nice...I hadn't seen that one.

Pretty sure the cable is just for redundency.

• yater

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:54 PM

Lots of guys zip-tie a spare clutch cable to their current clutch cable in case of a failure. That way it's already in place if you need to swap cables

• Huffa 2

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:59 PM

Lots of guys zip-tie a spare clutch cable to their current clutch cable in case of a failure. That way it's already in place if you need to swap cables

I figured that but I never heard of anyone breaking a clutch cable :thumbsup:

I notice something different about the pegs on pic 12, do you guys?

• Huffa 2

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Nice...I hadn't seen that one.

Pretty sure the cable is just for redundency.

redundency ............whats that mean ? :thumbsup:

• pburke

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:51 PM

my bike has the same grips and hand guards - that's about where the similarities end :ride:

was looking at the Acerbis rear tank, but when I saw you gotta get a special seat for it and shell out about $650 extra for 3.6 gallons I quickly realized that I won't ever need that much gas, or I'll just strap a can to the rear rack''

I like looking a these bikes - they give me ideas what to waste time and money on during the off season :thumbsup:

• yater

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:55 PM

off season?

• justicedone

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:00 PM

That things WICKED FAST too, cause it was hauling ass, when I passed it on my L.

:thumbsup:

• thesoftestbullets

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:03 PM

Nice one! :thumbsup:

• HawkGT

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:05 PM

redundency ............whats that mean ? :thumbsup:

Redundancy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Supplicate

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:18 PM

First of all, the reason for all the redundency is that is a Dakar bike.

If you want more info on stuff like that, talk to Mikekay aka Irondude.

Second, those pegs are pivot pegs by the look of them.

and third, I broke a clutch cable last winter down in Baja. Thank god Mr. Irondude was on his (then) Dakar bike and had a spare clutch cable in that exact configuration that he gave me for to use on my piggy. Reason for breakage = aftermarket cable of sub-par quality. Solution, run OEM with different routing.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:30 PM

First of all, the reason for all the redundency is that is a Dakar bike.

If you want more info on stuff like that, talk to Mikekay aka Irondude.

Second, those pegs are pivot pegs by the look of them.

and third, I broke a clutch cable last winter down in Baja. Thank god Mr. Irondude was on his (then) Dakar bike and had a spare clutch cable in that exact configuration that he gave me for to use on my piggy. Reason for breakage = aftermarket cable of sub-par quality. Solution, run OEM with different routing.

Got to disagree because I just recently purchased Motion Pro T2 cables and they are supierior to stock with being wound different and also thicker. They Make a "normal" cable and then these.

http://shop.thumpert...fault.asp?p=458

------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Supplicate

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:48 PM

Just saying, the only cables I've broken to date are aftermarket ones.

• skyriver

Posted August 08, 2006 - 11:22 PM

Looks like they're prepared for anything, but what's that in pic #18? Looks like a spare tube to me. If it is, it's WAY too close to the header. That thing is gonna get awfully hot. I don’t know, maybe it’s just tools. That pretty pig looks heavy. I’m sure they’ve cut weight all they can, but it has to be pretty hefty. Anyone know what the KTM Dakar bikes weigh?

• GetBent

Posted August 08, 2006 - 11:58 PM

What fuel tank is that? I want it! Of course, I also want the pegs, rims, hubs, stabilizer, and so on. I will settle for the tank, though.

• akuleboat

Posted August 09, 2006 - 01:13 AM

What kind of reverse forks are those?

• Huffa 2

Posted August 09, 2006 - 02:37 AM

What's all that tubing in 23 . I see it also has two counter shaft case saver guards on.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted August 09, 2006 - 03:34 AM

What fuel tank is that? I want it! Of course, I also want the pegs, rims, hubs, stabilizer, and so on. I will settle for the tank, though.

Looks like an Acerbis Sahara 6.0gal with the underseat tank added too. Wow that would weigh alot full.

Nice bike, hate all the stickers.

• Junior Belson

Posted August 09, 2006 - 03:53 AM

Just saying, the only cables I've broken to date are aftermarket ones.

I would then ask. "Why would you need aftermarket cables, if you've never broken OEM cables?" :thumbsup:

• Supplicate

Posted August 09, 2006 - 06:26 AM

I would then ask. "Why would you need aftermarket cables, if you've never broken OEM cables?" :thumbsup:

How would you know if they aren't better if you don't try them? Every once in a while I get a wild hair up my ass and try something new. Sometimes it works, othertimes it doesn't.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.