YZ400F suspension

3 replies to this topic
  • quailboy

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:20 PM

My first question is when i bought the bike the previous owner said it might have enzo racing susp. but didnt know. how could i find out if it has OEM or enzo?

next question is how do i adjust the sag? i know this is probably somewhere in the forums but i am 150 lbs and 6' any riders out there that can tell me what your susp is adjusted to. i ride mostly trails and whoops very few big jumps. so if you guys could help me out that would be much appreciated.

• barch88

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Do the fork legs have Enzo stickers on them? If they do, then it's Enzo, if not, it's most likely stock.

As for sag, 100mm should be fine, anywhere from 95-105mm is about right...I run mine at around 97mm. You're weight, kinda light, so you may have to mess with the clickers, but you won't notice anything really since you're not riding track. So just leave it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GreenKLX

Posted August 08, 2006 - 10:47 PM

Do the fork legs have Enzo stickers on them? If they do, then it's Enzo, if not, it's most likely stock.

My china knock off pit bike has race-tech stickers on the forks, and its just crap china suspension. Sorry, had to say that. If it has the stickers, than it MOST LIKELY is enzo. I could be wrong, but I don't think you could tell for sure unless you knew what the stock internals look like, or if it feels set-up for the previous rider's weight.

• quailboy

Posted August 09, 2006 - 08:55 PM

the resevoir on the rear has an enzo sticker and the front forks did have them. but could you just buy those stickers? anyway sag is in the back right? my service manual doesnt tell me how to adjust the sag? so how do i adjust it?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.