Help me pick out some lites...

7 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted August 08, 2006 - 05:56 PM

2000 XR600R. Plan on rewinding Stator anyways. Bike is plated, street legal (minus turn signals). I run this bike about 40% on road, 60% off road, unless I'm in a rush, then 100% highway for 14 miles down US98 in sunny FL. Somedays, I hang a right and go down the fire roads of Eglin AFB bomb range. This place is a blast if your bike is plated and you have a pass. It consists mainly of rough, sandy roads, and about every 1/4 mile, theres a mud hole, or huge "puddle" (read: pond) in the road that I get to kick the heels up and bomb thru. The sides are thick, dense FL forest, consisting or palmettos and scrub pine, all of which hurt like crap when hit. OK, now my question, I want to run a killer set of lights for my bike, and plan to get the helmet set up later. What would YOU run. Brighness and legality are key. I guess I would need a flood and a spot??? Would one be HID and the other plain old halogen? I'm too poor for Baja Designs $400-$1000 setups... Let me know, I looked in here for some old posts, but, the ones I ws into were too old (2003) and the pics wouldnt open up. Also, with the 200W stator...that SHOULD run my brake lite, or are we into AC/DC? I know, I know, I'll search...............thanks in advance...JL

• xr500_89

Posted August 10, 2006 - 01:02 PM

well i kknow what you mean about the cost of a baja desings kit but all i did for a few weeks was put aside like 50-100 dollars untill i had teh 560 bucks total on my order along with the light kit i ordered a key switch thats ment for the kit, i know its expensive but its a bitchen setup and i glad i saved for months to get it.

• HawkGT

Posted August 10, 2006 - 01:12 PM

I just put an 8" halogen on by XR650R and love it. There's a thread on 8 inchers a few pages back...

• slepe67

Posted August 10, 2006 - 01:26 PM

I found a set up for quads that MIGHT work (PIAA website). I think I just might get a BD setup. I suppose I could live with a bright lite for a while, dont do TOO much street riding at night...thanks for the help

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snaggleXR650

Posted August 10, 2006 - 03:56 PM

I put these on my XR650R, they are DOT and they are bright. I've got mine wired to both be on at all times :thumbsup:

• slepe67

Posted August 10, 2006 - 05:23 PM

That Is What I Wanted!!!! Dude, You Rock!!!!!! Beer's On Me...gotta Take Notes Now...thanks A S**tload!!!!!!!!

• slepe67

Posted August 11, 2006 - 03:19 PM

I found this online also...just for future search information

Looks pretty sweet. Not sure bout the Dakar fairing, but that is just me...

• BluezookS

Posted August 13, 2006 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

Found this one here Ricky Stator

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.