Cheap risers so I can run 1 1/8 bars?

5 replies to this topic
  • honkylips

Posted August 07, 2006 - 08:17 PM

Anybody have a source for cheap risers to allow me to run 1 1/8" bars? I have some risers on there now that add about 1.5" and it may be too tall with the bars I've got. I'd like to try a riser with .5" or less rise.

They don't need to be bling, they just gotta hold the bars on.

• hypersthenos

Posted August 07, 2006 - 08:32 PM

I've got a set of universal adapters to run Pro Tapers on my XR650R. They rise about 3/4" from stock. They're readily available at most bike shops for about $50. The bottom portion just bolts to the original mounts. Mine don't have markings on them but they should be had through Tucker Rocky or any other majort aftermarket parts catalog.

• Agent2

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:11 AM

Rocky Mountain has them - Tusk brand, PN# 191480. about $35.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boudroux

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:58 AM

I have a set of brand new ProTaper brand ones I could sell you. They bolt to the bottom half of the standard 7/8 bar clamp. They raise your bar hight a little and then you can run 1 1/8 bars.

Let me know if you want them. I picked them up from ebay and the person described them wrong so I've never used them. I'd take somewhere in the 30 range including shipping if you are interested.

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 08, 2006 - 09:41 AM

Those will work great with a set of CR high bend protapers, you'll get about 1.5 inches higher than the stock bar height woth that set-up...I say go for it and youll never look back! I did the same thing with the TAG adaptors and CR high bend pro tapers...I love it!

• Jon-D

Posted August 08, 2006 - 03:47 PM

I have a set of brand new ProTaper brand ones I could sell you. They bolt to the bottom half of the standard 7/8 bar clamp. They raise your bar height a little and then you can run 1 1/8 bars.

Let me know if you want them. I picked them up from ebay and the person described them wrong so I've never used them. I'd take somewhere in the 30 range including shipping if you are interested.

I would be interested if they are available. sent you a PM...

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.