graphics kit

21 replies to this topic
  • bigdaub

Posted August 07, 2006 - 07:55 PM

does anyone know if yz graphics will fit on a wr?

• texas_hippie

Posted August 12, 2006 - 05:35 PM

Seems to me they'd fit...and your bike will be much faster too! Of course, you'll have to rejet if you change those stickers! (just jerking your chain, Bro!) :thumbsup:

• BLACK_BONES

Posted August 12, 2006 - 06:06 PM

Seems to me they'd fit...and your bike will be much faster too! Of course, you'll have to rejet if you change those stickers! (just jerking your chain, Bro!) :thumbsup:

I don't think you have to rejet your bike.... A sticker won't do anything performance wise.

What will jerking the chain do?

• Stranglersfan

Posted August 12, 2006 - 07:18 PM

" Jerking the Chain" is apparently very good for the jetting of the bike after a fresh transfer of stickers. I believe it helps the engine breathe by loosening any carbon build-up in the rear pipe? be careful you don't fire the bike up while backed against a wall, otherwise all that loose crap will blast all over your new stickers!!!! :ride: :applause:

sorry, couldn't resist it. bin smokin the funny fags :thumbsup:

• Beejay

Posted August 13, 2006 - 04:53 PM

I don't think you have to rejet your bike.... A sticker won't do anything performance wise.

:ride: :applause: :thumbsup: You serious here dude, if so stay far, far away from a bike.

• texas_hippie

Posted August 15, 2006 - 11:08 AM

:ride: :applause: :thumbsup: You serious here dude, if so stay far, far away from a bike.

No BJ...I don't think he was anymore serious than I was about the jetting.....too funny! :applause:

• texas_hippie

Posted August 15, 2006 - 11:13 AM

" Jerking the Chain" is apparently very good for the jetting of the bike after a fresh transfer of stickers. I believe it helps the engine breathe by loosening any carbon build-up in the rear pipe? be careful you don't fire the bike up while backed against a wall, otherwise all that loose crap will blast all over your new stickers!!!! :ride: :applause:

sorry, couldn't resist it. bin smokin the funny fags :thumbsup:

Maybe we should bring up the need for "rotating the battery caps"...this seems to be the hot set up for maximum performance during these toasty summer months? I mean, I can actually feel a meaningful :applause: boost in available power, don't you?

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 15, 2006 - 11:14 AM

To answer bigdaub - It really depends on the year..... the earlier 400's were interchangeable, the 426's I believed would work with a minimal amount of trimming and the 450's really started to differ and then the YZ Alum came out and it's a different shape entirely.

Good Luck, I'm going out to my shop to smoke a funny fag and jerk my chain :thumbsup:

• texas_hippie

Posted August 15, 2006 - 11:17 AM

Awww...C'mon Bones...you know that no matter what the problem is in here, rejetting is always the answer! LOL :thumbsup:

• Turismo

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:05 PM

Awww...C'mon Bones...you know that no matter what the problem is in here, rejetting is always the answer! LOL :thumbsup:

:ride: :applause: :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stranglersfan

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:18 PM

So rejetting is essential on these bikes then? does that mean i have to replace the petrol tank for a bigger one as the last time i rejetted i managed to spill petrol all over my garage floor which was wasted. If i have a bigger tank and i'm quick enough then perhaps i wont spill as much?
My back is killing me from turning the bike upside down everytime i rejet :applause: :applause: handy method of lubing the chain though :thumbsup:

Who's on the funny fag next? ..... pass it along :ride:

• Stranglersfan

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:35 PM

we should start a poll for the funniest post, i think were onto a winner ere?

on a serious note.
we need some more specifics about what year of YZ stickers you intend to fit to a WR and what age is the bike? as SJMC Don says, they differ quite a bit from 03 onwards to those of earlier years as the rad-shrouds/tank/seat/airbox are very different, and again in 06 they've changed style again as the frames are very different between the WR's and YZF's. The WR has retained the steel frame and the YZF has the new Alloy box-frame.

so basically.... what is it your trying to do?
I have "upgraded" my 02 WR to a Hurricane 05 replica (see My Garage), but to do this i had to get new 03/05 plastics/air box/seat/tank and rear subframe plus various other interchangeable parts. easily done if you have the time to spend on it.. :thumbsup:

now, that's the "serious" stuff out of the way.... where's me funny fag gone? pass it along!!! :ride:

• texas_hippie

Posted August 15, 2006 - 12:37 PM

If you put on a bigger tank, then you'll have to re-sticker the bike won't you. Might I suggest going with YZ stickers, instead of the standard WR stickers?

• Stranglersfan

Posted August 15, 2006 - 01:00 PM

Yeh your right! A change of stickers WILL be required......
I love this "sound advice" given on these forums, very informative. I just need to have a 2nd opinion from my local Yamaha dealer to see if he can manage to rotate the battery terminals for me, if he can, he's a genious as i can't even locate a battery?! is it under the sump guard? :ride: I'm dying to see the power gains from this mod, just hope they'll be as good as when i put air in me tyres :applause:

Somehow i feel this thread is going to get even sillier?
Still........ we all need a laugh every now and again :thumbsup:

anyone know where the Kiplo Valve is :applause:

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 15, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Kiplo Valve is often confused with the auto initiated syncro regulator but most people "in the know" will assure you that those can be found right below the muffler bearings.........

• Stranglersfan

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:38 PM

oh i see...... i'll have to ask the missus, I used to know where her "muffler" was, or is that a different sort of muffler? :thumbsup: I know one thing, HER muffler does a very good job of keeping things quiet :ride:

• texas_hippie

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:57 PM

I can't even remember what the original post was about!!! :thumbsup:

• Stranglersfan

Posted August 15, 2006 - 04:58 PM

I think somebody asked if stickers were sticky? :thumbsup:

• texas_hippie

Posted August 16, 2006 - 08:45 AM

I think somebody asked if stickers were sticky? :thumbsup:

No, no...that wasn't it! I think it was something about women being sticky...or possibly having a sticky muffler.

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 16, 2006 - 11:56 AM

No, no...that wasn't it! I think it was something about women being sticky...or possibly having a sticky muffler.

Lubricate the muffler bearings every ride :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.