XR600 and other XRs CDI on Ebay

4 replies to this topic
  • captb

Posted August 07, 2006 - 07:08 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sspagenameZWDVW

• veetwo tls

Posted August 08, 2006 - 03:24 AM

:thumbsup: just bought a new one last week mine cooked.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • j5hunter

Posted August 08, 2006 - 11:25 AM

That is a killer price has anybody got any experience with them?

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 08, 2006 - 12:29 PM

I hear they work but I'd keep my stock one under the seat for safetys sake.

• cleonard

Posted August 08, 2006 - 01:26 PM

I would imagine that they work. However, I see two possible issues. The advance is most likely different. Will that cause a problem, who knows. If it advances too fast (or far) the bike may ping. If too slow (or not far enough) the bike may lack some power. The other issue is the rev limiter. The stock CDI is different for each bike. The XR600 CDI limits the revs to about 7500 or so. The smaller displacement bikes have higher limits. I doubt that this unit limits at 7500 rpm. I'd guess it 10000 or higher is it has a limit at all. If you use it, you become the rev limiter.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.