Anyone ever seen tank cover like this

4 replies to this topic
  • xr600Lynch

Posted August 07, 2006 - 02:56 PM

ebay search xr600 tank covers

they look good.. Im so tired of going through decals that peel!!!

• gnfreak

Posted August 07, 2006 - 07:28 PM

i've got a black one comming in a couple of days from that guy. I put new stickers on the bike when i got it last fall and they are already yellowing. i even brought the tank in during the winter months.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • justicedone

Posted August 07, 2006 - 08:27 PM

I like the Woody seat cover, think it would look cool on my L...hmmmm

Im pretty sure the tank cover wouldnt ever fit a clarke 4.0, but the seat cover is tight.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 07, 2006 - 10:49 PM

Sorry to say they look very simular in construction to a CEET ATC tank cover I won.

Gets a :ride: for the fit (too many wrinkles) and the straps are too thin + one of the 4 straps there is :thumbsup: no possible way to even snap it. Once you put cover on there is NO possible way to sneak it thru the framing to snap it and the snap was centered so the two ends came together in the worse location.

I'd highly reccomend NOT to purchase one but then I'm sure some fit better then others but I do remember seeing one on another type ATC and that fit like crap too.

If the 1st one is totally strected on, you can see already that it does not conform to the tank right and it will only get worse I bet. See how thin the strap is too.

• xr600Lynch

Posted August 08, 2006 - 10:43 AM

Yeah i think you are right.. I ride pretty hard and hit lots a brush and branches... That thing would get ripped off in the first ride...Easier and cheaper to run nothing or just get decals..

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.