after market cdi boxes,yzf 450

7 replies to this topic
  • shade

Posted August 07, 2006 - 01:10 PM

has anyone experienced cdi problems? if so did you replace it with the stock or buy a aftermarket box?i have done all the checks in the manual and everthing is has to be my bike has a slight miss when you hold a steady throttle at any rpm,i have had it a few months and it has always done this.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 07, 2006 - 01:26 PM

If the jetting is rich it will do this. How often are you at a steady throttle position anyway?

• shade

Posted August 07, 2006 - 03:56 PM

Several Guys Have Told Me It May Be Rich.i Have Moved The Main Up And Down,the Needle Up And Down And The Pilot.nothing Will Take This Out.if I Leave The Tps Unhooked It Helps It A Bunch.the Tps ,coils All Check Out Ok.
I Have A Yfz450 And Have Never Had Problems With It. This Is The First Four Stroke I Have Worked I Am Sssssssstupid.these Are Not As Easy As Two Strokes..may Be The Stock Air Filter And Box May Not Be Supplying Enough Air??

• ncmountainman

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:17 AM

if all else fails,i have a ignition off my 05 (replaced w/vortex) that has hardly any time on it. i'll give it to ya for half its oem replacement cost :thumbsup: that is if it'll fit????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Diode663

Posted August 08, 2006 - 01:40 PM

I have an oem cdi off a 04 450 you can have for 70 bucks shipped if you would like. I got the rev box and it honestly doesnt do anything for power, and I never end up needing the overrev anyway.

• Satch0922

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:03 PM

more intriguing than the thread is ....How Does He Make An Entire Post Where All The Words Start With Capital Letters? :thumbsup:

• bigred455

Posted August 08, 2006 - 08:23 PM

Have you looked at the needle for wear?Or just try a new needle,same needle just new?

• shade

Posted August 09, 2006 - 05:45 PM

the bike is was a leftover 04.i have only put about 7 tanks of fuel through it. ????????????

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.