06 YZ450f help pleaseee urgent

9 replies to this topic
  • aharm117

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:54 PM

ok i let my friend try out my yz450f, he hit a jump and fell off quite hard. now my front alignment on my bike is messed up. The handle bars, which idont think are bent, are crooked while the wheel is straight. how do i get them aligned back correctly, the wheel, the handle bars, and the fender...please respond it is important...thank you

• WFOracer

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamp and the one's that pinch the axel. I think they are all 10 mm. Straighten it out and tighten them according to the manual.

• WFOracer

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Check this out too.

http://www.factoryco....com/index2.htm

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 07, 2006 - 01:04 PM

Most likely it's just the bar mounts. Loosen the two nuts under the top clamp and straighten the bars out then tighten them back down. If the front wheel looks crooked in comparison to the bars after they are square with the top clamp, turn the bars all the way to the opposite side that the wheel is off (ie. tire points left, turn bars right) and give the tire a swift kick. It'll straighten out.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted August 07, 2006 - 01:05 PM

Check this out too.

What are we supposed to see that pertains to this issue? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Reyndogg

Posted August 07, 2006 - 01:13 PM

Dude, first dont panic :thumbsup:

This happens b/c the stupid stock bar mounts twist like a stripper for the smallest of tips - or tip overs :ride:

Do what was advised above and it'll be fine - unless something is bent and needs to be replaced.

Good luck,

• barch88

Posted August 07, 2006 - 03:47 PM

Check this out too.

:thumbsup:

• Crash 2006

Posted August 07, 2006 - 05:27 PM

BTW, don't let him ride it anymore! :thumbsup:

• mummer12

Posted August 07, 2006 - 05:55 PM

If it happens in the hills go next to a tree and bang the hell out of it until it straightens :thumbsup: Keep on riding

• WFOracer

Posted August 07, 2006 - 07:13 PM

What are we supposed to see that pertains to this issue? :thumbsup:

Doh, it was suppose to show the proper order in which to tighten your pinch bolts. I guess I got in a hurry and didn't copy and paste the right page, my bad. :ride: Settle down Baron Von Teard! :applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.