Which Bars Work with Scotts Damper?

2 replies to this topic
  • TeXR

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:54 PM

I want to put a Scotts Damper on my 05WR450 with a Fastway Brush Guard system with Mounting plate for damper. Looks like I'll need new bars for damper to fit since crossbar is too low on stock bars. Any suggestions on 7/8 higher replacement bars where damper will fit under crossbar OR after market 1 1/8". Looks like fat bars need new triple clamp or adapter, right? Suggestions??

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gdm

Posted August 11, 2006 - 08:35 PM

I want to put a Scotts Damper on my 05WR450 with a Fastway Brush Guard system with Mounting plate for damper. Looks like I'll need new bars for damper to fit since crossbar is too low on stock bars. Any suggestions on 7/8 higher replacement bars where damper will fit under crossbar OR after market 1 1/8". Looks like fat bars need new triple clamp or adapter, right? Suggestions??

Bend the stock cross bar to fit over the dampner.

• LimyWPom

Posted August 14, 2006 - 08:09 PM

On my 05, I went with the Fastway system with combined damper mount, Superb! BRP top clamp rubber mounted, Renthal fat bars with the scotts above the bars. I would recommend going over to either Renthal fat bars or Protaper 1 1/8 while your at it as most people end up bending the stock 7/8 bars, I bent my stock bars. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.