650 is REALLY choked down in stock form + lots of other info I found.

9 replies to this topic
  • Huffa 2

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:13 PM

I have a 02 450 at the moment (for sale) and just started coming on the 650 forum ( I don't even have one yet:cry: ) so forgive me if this has been talked about before (and probably was) but I can't believe with a few minor mods you can go from 43 to 55 horspower. That's a 27% increase. INCREDIBLE !! :thumbsup:

I assume most of you saw all this info already and if not it's quite interesting.

http://www.dirtrodde...r/bajaking.html

http://www.motorspor...c2000/XR650.htm

• XR650L_Dave

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:20 PM

Careful, yer mixin' R and L info there, meaning you're doused with gasoline and asking for a light at this site!

The XR650R is the liquid-cooled dirt bike that took over from the XR600R legacy (and bears only the name in resemblance) and the XR650L is the airhead factory dual-sport based on the XR600R and shares many parts with the 600.

Dave

• HawkGT

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:39 PM

Also, despite what DirtRoders might imply, an uncorked XR650R isn't putting 55hp to the ground in the real world. According the dyno evidence I've seen, an uncorked XR650R is around 42-47HP depending on what dyno was used and how the test was performed (knobby vs. street tire for example).

• Huffa 2

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:44 PM

Careful, yer mixin' R and L info there, meaning you're doused with gasoline and asking for a light at this site!

The XR650R is the liquid-cooled dirt bike that took over from the XR600R legacy (and bears only the name in resemblance) and the XR650L is the airhead factory dual-sport based on the XR600R and shares many parts with the 600.

Dave

Yea I know all that but this info, at least THIS info is pertaing to the R.

I do reaslize too they are talking crank but still, that is quite an improvement.

I'll delete the bottom link so not to confuse, thanks.

The engine puts out 43 horsepower at 6750 rpm with all the emissions junk installed. With the restrictions removed (and properly jetted), the bike comes alive and pumps out 27 percent more horsepower, all the way up to 55 strong ponies, about the same as Campbell's race bike from the 1998 Baja 1000.

• HawkGT

Posted August 07, 2006 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, uncorked condition is how the bike was designed to run. It's pretty much a mandatory "fix" for a showroom stock bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • snaggleXR650

Posted August 07, 2006 - 02:51 PM

I think rear wheel HP #'s are like 38 stock, and 46 uncorked. With the high comp HRC 650 piston kit and cam you are looking at ~52, and with a 680cc kit and cam ~57. Horespower is fun to talk about, but torque is what jerks your arms, and the 650R has TONS of it :thumbsup:

• Maximus86

Posted August 07, 2006 - 03:40 PM

I think rear wheel HP #'s are like 38 stock, and 46 uncorked. With the high comp HRC 650 piston kit and cam you are looking at ~52, and with a 680cc kit and cam ~57. Horespower is fun to talk about, but torque is what jerks your arms, and the 650R has TONS of it :thumbsup:

+1

yup

i'm racing a XR650R supermoto in wera

mine had:
11:1 pistion-
stage 2 hotcam-
full FMF exhaust
freebreathing airfilter
quicksilver carb

and made 52hp to the rear wheel-- tuned with VP U4 on a Eddy Current Dyno
now its a 680CC with 12:1 compression running VP U4 100% of the time-not sure what its makin now but i'll get back to you after it gets run on the dyno

• motomonte

Posted August 08, 2006 - 05:25 PM

What about listing the torque figures stock versus uncorcked..?I've seen the h.p.numbers but I'm not sure about the torque.

• motopsycho650

Posted August 08, 2006 - 06:32 PM

My original Manufacturers Certificate of Origin for my '03 XR650R stated it was sold with 39 HP. This is the non CA model. I do not currently know what the horse power is of my bike. BUT, it was a night & days difference when I added all the HRC uncorking parts (Intake Manifold, Needle Jet, & Spark Arrestor), and a TwinAir filter & custom backfire screen. I don't have then numbers to back it up, but I bet it is a 27% gain. And, I'm willing to bet you'll get another 27% with the full HRC engine kit, and a good exhaust.

I have seen figures on the net ranging from 45-49 max HP on an HRC uncorked Pig. The Torque ranged from 39-42 ft/lbs. If you're using this bike as a play around trail bike like me, it's more power than one will ever need. I have never seen a torque figure for a stock 650R, my guess is low 30's.

• Huffa 2

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:08 PM

Man, :thumbsup: think of all the poor soles out there that are riding around corked ones yet and don't know of the uncorking upgrade.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.