Issue with 06' gearbox?

4 replies to this topic
  • jim_wr250f

Posted August 07, 2006 - 02:51 AM

Hey all.
Was talking to a guy out my local track who has an 06 YZ450F and has only had it for the last month. He has just blown up 5th gear and is really dissapointed with it so its up for sale before it costs him another $1000 (aus $) I am just wondering if anyone else has heard of any problems with 5th gear? because he says the exact thing happened in his 04' WR450F and recalls of something like 6 other Yamaha 450s with the same problem. He says the only thing that he can think of that caused it is that he does 5th gear wheelies but surely it should be able to hold up.

• stock510

Posted August 07, 2006 - 03:09 AM

I have 5th gear wheelies going and my 06 450f is still going strong. I havnt heard of any gearbox issues as of yet.

Its not a good feeling, new bike and something breaks, sorry to hear.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • odlaw19

Posted August 07, 2006 - 03:33 AM

Where is the bike? Is it still for sale?

• jim_wr250f

Posted August 07, 2006 - 04:36 AM

Im in SA

• Ga426owner

Posted August 07, 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hey all.
Was talking to a guy out my local track who has an 06 YZ450F and has only had it for the last month. He has just blown up 5th gear and is really dissapointed with it so its up for sale before it costs him another $1000 (aus $) I am just wondering if anyone else has heard of any problems with 5th gear? because he says the exact thing happened in his 04' WR450F and recalls of something like 6 other Yamaha 450s with the same problem. He says the only thing that he can think of that caused it is that he does 5th gear wheelies but surely it should be able to hold up.

kangaroo poop! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.