1999 WR400 Throttle stop

2 replies to this topic
  • patrick1

Posted August 06, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Does a 1999 Wr400 have the throttle stop screw?

I have been looking at some pictures and It looks like a little different set up then the new bikes have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted August 06, 2006 - 07:53 PM

the 99's do have a throttle stop and if its not ground down yet, you are missing out on probley 20% of you power. It can be removed and ground down to the YZ setting which is a lot shorter, there are a couple others mods you can do to really make it scream. I beleive that you need to grind a full 9.75mm off the stop to get where you want to be. There was a thread that had all the free mods and pics for the 99 but after searching for you, I cant find it. This one should help though.

heres a link that will probley help.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm

• steve lemley

Posted August 06, 2006 - 07:54 PM

the 99's do have a throttle stop and if its not ground down yet, you are missing out on probley 20% of you power. It can be removed and ground down to the YZ setting which is a lot shorter, there are a couple others mods you can do to really make it scream. I beleive that you need to grind a full 9.75mm off the stop to get where you want to be. There was a thread that had all the free mods and pics for the 99 but after searching for you, I cant find it. This one should help though.

heres a link that will probley help.

http://www.thumperfaq.com/throttle.htm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.