aftermarket muffler

6 replies to this topic
  • bigdaub

Posted August 06, 2006 - 05:08 PM

Does anyone know of compatible mufflers for an 01 wr426? i'm looking for a bolt on product.

thanks

• PBDBLUE

Posted August 06, 2006 - 05:21 PM

There are a ton of options (White Bros, FMF, Pro Circuit, Yosh, Dr. D, .......) What are you looking for performance, quiet, etc?

• bigdaub

Posted August 06, 2006 - 05:41 PM

i'm looking for performance, without too much noise. a friend of mine has a fmf ti pipe on his wr400, and that bike goes way better than my 426! is that same pipe compatible with the 426? fmfs site doesn't say anything about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PBDBLUE

Posted August 06, 2006 - 06:13 PM

400/426 are interchangable.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 06, 2006 - 09:08 PM

i'm looking for performance, without too much noise. a friend of mine has a fmf ti pipe on his wr400, and that bike goes way better than my 426! is that same pipe compatible with the 426? fmfs site doesn't say anything about it.

I have an fmf factory 4 pipe. I just put the quiet insert into it and I can actually hear myself think now. It is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter.

It does sputter a bit at max throttle. I am going to go a little leaner of my main jet and raise my needle a clip.

• Turismo

Posted August 07, 2006 - 01:48 AM

[quote name='mauricedorris']I have an fmf factory 4 pipe. I just put the quiet insert into it and I can actually hear myself think now. It is SIGNIFICANTLY quieter.QUOTE]
Do you notice much of a power drop with the insert installed?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 07, 2006 - 06:55 AM

Do you notice much of a power drop with the insert installed?

Not really. I'm no expert (intermediate rider), but I would say that the low end is still there. Absolutely nothing is missing that I can tell. The mid range is still very good, but I have the sputtering as the rpms get higher and I get really agressive. But that's rare for me (see my other posts about broken wrists and feet!)

I am going to play with the jetting a little. However, I cannot really feel the bike is less powerful.

I am in intermediate rider, I like single tracks, desert trails and hills. According to my TrailTech, I averaged 23mph on my last ride, and that was the trails at Gorman. I do not think anything is missing, but then again, I might never know it because I don't usually go that fast with my type of riding. Its still very fast and powerful.

At any rate, the insert was only $40 bucks and is worth a try. If you have an FMF pipe, be sure to get their quiet packing to go along with it. I have no doubt that I am legal now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.