If you live in Wisconsin and own an XR650R, please help me out

2 replies to this topic
  • Mattydiah

Posted August 06, 2006 - 03:10 PM

I really want to get an XR650R to make into a supermoto bike, but unfortunately Wisconsin is notorious for being one of the hardest states to register anything in.

If there are any XR650R owners out there who live in Wisconsin, please tell me how you got your bike registered, whether you bought it with a title or did it yourself, I want to hear your story.

I want a 650R in the worst way, but I dont want to plop down the cash to have the DMV say "sorry, tough luck" :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pburke

Posted August 06, 2006 - 07:40 PM

I bought one that was already plated in Minnesota, trailered it here, went to the DMV with the Minnesota title and walked out 45 minutes later, (43 of that waiting and filling out the title transfer form), WI plate and title in hand.

piece of cake if the bike is already titled.

I did my research for a month, talked to a Honda dealer in town who used to wn dual sported CR500s and similar stuff, and it all pretty much boils down to buying a bike that has a street title in another state.

• Mattydiah

Posted August 07, 2006 - 04:05 AM

Thats kind of what I figured, I tried forever to title an old Honda CL450 that I restored, and was unsuccessful.

Anyone else have some experiences they would like to relate?

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.