I dont understand how so much oil get into my airbox!!

23 replies to this topic
  • svrider650

Posted February 03, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Also--oil containg ester will evaporate less at higher temps, and you will not experience as much in the air box. I use Motul 5100 and 7100. Good stuff and i dont lose as much of it as with cheeper oils. :thumbsup:

• rowellcory

Posted March 03, 2013 - 11:14 AM

just my 2 cents i have heard of some guys saying when they stall in deep water and try to kick it over while still in the water the vent hose running in the stock frame postion sucks some water into the top of the engine.thats why some people putt it in the airbox i personally have mine so it will lube my chain lol

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted March 05, 2013 - 05:03 AM

just my 2 cents i have heard of some guys saying when they stall in deep water and try to kick it over while still in the water the vent hose running in the stock frame postion sucks some water into the top of the engine.

And this Does happen. Water footpeg deep isn't that deep either. I had read about this issue here and I'm glad I listened. After letting my bike slip into a deep truck instead of going around it. I stalled it before getting out. Something told me to check my oil before going on. And I was glad I did. I had a engine full of gray goo.

• rowellcory

Posted March 07, 2013 - 06:43 AM

yep i read about a guy that blew his engine and that was enuff for me to reroute

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.