Blown Head Gasket...

2 replies to this topic
  • Zique

Posted August 05, 2006 - 07:59 AM

I believe my 00 426 has a leaky head gasket, so I am going to get in and repair it sometime next week. My question is, since I'll have it apart, any other suggestions of what I should look for/replace and what not?

I am also thinking of replacing the piston and rings, but I like being able to get my 91 octane gas around here. BTW, I live in a small town and would have to drive at least 1 hour to get anywhere that would sell something above that. So I'm thinking the high compression stuff is out.

What do ya'll think?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted August 05, 2006 - 04:17 PM

Get a cam chain, piston, pin, clips, ring set, and valve springs. Take your time and do it right. You may want a machine shop to inspect your head and make sure its not warped or anything, since you have a blown gasket.

91 octane won't work with a 13.5:1 piston. I highly recommend the 13.5:1 piston, its one of the best mods I've done to mine. But, if race gas is not available to you, then you should stick with the OEM stuff. :thumbsup:

• PK

Posted August 06, 2006 - 01:47 PM

I look at how long the OEM stuff lasts, which is pretty darn good. I would stick with the OEM and stock compression for longevity and the ability to use pump gas.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.