Wow, a couple inches makes a big deal with handlebars

6 replies to this topic
  • MindBlower

Posted August 04, 2006 - 04:35 PM

Just put some CR high bend bars on and I can't believe how much different it feels. I'm not leaning forward so much. I like. :thumbsup:

• justicedone

Posted August 04, 2006 - 05:36 PM

I have said many times that this is one of the best mods you can do. I have the same Tapers myself and absofricking love dem.

• skyriver

Posted August 04, 2006 - 07:36 PM

I wish I would've done it WAY sooner. My back doesn't get near as tired in the whoops with the higher bars. I have the Windham bend which is very similar. Best no-brainer mod if you're even close to tall.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MindBlower

Posted August 05, 2006 - 07:26 AM

I'm not even close, 5'10" and it still feels a lot better. Stock bars had me in a sportbike like crouch (ok, maybe not that bad), now I can sit more upright. Takes pressure off my hands too which is real important to me with carpal tunnel syndrom. I'm optimistic that it's going to help me ride longer before the hands go numb.

• motopsycho650

Posted August 06, 2006 - 09:18 AM

I've had CR high bars for a while now, and they are great, but I'm 6'1", most of it is legs. when I'm standing on the pegs, I often find myself leaning way too far forward.

Dose anyone know where to get some good risers for my handle bars? Around 1 inch would probibly be good.

• Marc with a c

Posted August 06, 2006 - 03:06 PM

Dose anyone know where to get some good risers for my handle bars? Around 1 inch would probibly be good.

try here...... http://www.touratech...478B69F2DF3F98A

• ProMed

Posted August 07, 2006 - 09:56 AM

KX High bend is even higher than Windham or CR High, and the Pastrana FMX are higher still. I have the Pastrana FMX on my pig with adapter/risers and KX high bend on my CRF450R which came stock with the Windham bend.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.