Best place to buy XR 650 R ??? Where to register it ???

11 replies to this topic
  • JetPilot

Posted August 04, 2006 - 08:29 AM

I just went to the local Honda dealership to look my next bike and they want $6800 dollars for a new XR 650 R :thumbsup:

There has to be a better place than this, anyone know where ?

Also, is there any state left where I can make the XR 650 R street legal ?

Thanks,

JetPilot

• hypersthenos

Posted August 04, 2006 - 09:30 AM

There are several states that will easily register an XR for street use. I live in WA & many guys have done this in Idago & transfer them to WA afterwards. If you're a pilot in the Air Force try Mountain Home AFB. I used to live in Mountain Mome & rode with a few enlisted guys. Mountain Home has a licensing office. Should be a simple task there. There are many other states that allow this as well (Nevada & Colorado come to mind). This forum has lots of stuff about DS kits on the XRR. Once the DS kit is installed you should also add a rewound stator. This mod should be mandatory for any excursions at night. There are several posts here that discuss this.

• MindBlower

Posted August 04, 2006 - 11:17 AM

Got mine plated in Indiana with no trouble.

• pburke

Posted August 04, 2006 - 12:11 PM

southern Honda sold the '06 for about $5400 - however, right now they don't show any XRR on their web site (www.southernhonda.com) - also would have to go pick it up there, since they don't ship bikes.

Don't try to register it in WI - Michigan and Minnesota are pretty easy states to plate the bike in the midwest. No idea where you are, though.

Peter

• Hoop

Posted August 04, 2006 - 03:15 PM

if you search for 2006's, they have the 650R for $5383 at Southern Honda. I've seen it elsewhere for around $5500.

• pburke

Posted August 04, 2006 - 05:16 PM

yeah, found it - was looking at the 2005 models before (which is the default, duh)

http://www.southernh...esc=Motorcycles

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted August 04, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Registering is easy (well, as "easy" as any trip to the DMV can possibly be) in AZ. I don't even have a dual sport kit. Just a brake light and mirror for me.

• fourstrokin650

Posted August 05, 2006 - 07:53 AM

You could try these guys. I am not sure if they ship south america, if that's where you are. http://www.motorcycl...1.html?pg=Honda

• MindBlower

Posted August 05, 2006 - 07:56 AM

Wow, I stupidly thought he meant Peru,Indiana :thumbsup:

• resslera

Posted August 05, 2006 - 08:18 PM

Went through the same issues as you nearly 2 years ago. Was looking for a 650R and planned on installing the baja designs kit and registering it here in Colorado. Looked the 650R up on www.cycletrader.com and found an 03 650R brand new for $4499 (this was 2004) at www.hondaofchanute.com located in Chanute Kansas. Called them up and the price was completely "out the door". They put on the baja designs kit for an extra $100 plus the price of the kit. It was worth the drive from Colorado Springs CO. Only thing I had left to do for plating in Colorado was to put on street legal tires and a mirror. Oh yeah, they don't check for a darn thing by the way but I did it the legal way.

Coolest thing, I gave them my certificate of origin that came from the bike stamped "not for highway use" and got a complete street title. Hells Yeah!

• motopsycho650

Posted August 06, 2006 - 09:31 AM

Colorado is a piece of cake to register. You need the following:
1. a VIN Verification form (most dealerships can provide this);
2. Your MSO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) If the bike is financed, the bank has the MSO, but the Registration Office can get it from the bank.
3. You must sign a form stating your bike has a Brake Light, a Mirror (left side is required), and a Horn (audible at 200ft., a bicycle horn is okay).

I have never had a problem, but you can technically be ticketed in CO for non-DOT tires, and having an exhaust without a baffle (i.e. the HRC spark arrestor, or the cut-out stock tip).

• PIP RC51

Posted August 06, 2006 - 07:29 PM

If anyone has done it in Pennsylvania. How long did it take and how much?

PIP

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.