XR 600 wheel bearings on Ebay any good?

9 replies to this topic
  • Redlines

Posted August 03, 2006 - 11:57 PM

Anybody had any experience with any of these wheel bearings that are being sold on ebay? I always buy stock Honda brake pads since they are extra thick I wonder if OEM Honda bearings are better than the ones being sold on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Firelyle

Posted August 04, 2006 - 05:26 AM

I myself would recommend going to www.denniskirk.com vs. Ebay...never had good luck with eBay (maybe just me). These guys have great name brand parts at very good prices with quick no b.s. service and shipping.

Hope it helps!

• Jon-D

Posted August 04, 2006 - 01:04 PM

I have not purchased from that guy, but I have purchased two sets of pivot works rear bearing kits off of ebay with no problems. The kit is good and I received the bearings within a few days after paying for them.

• cleonard

Posted August 05, 2006 - 02:06 PM

I got my 600R bearings from another guy on ebay. Got them about 18 months ago. No problems. Another alternative is to take the bearings out and take them to a bearing store. That way you may have a choice of mfg. You will pay more at the bearing store than $20 at the bearing store. One problem is most bearing stores are M-F 8-5 kind of hours. It can be hard to get to if you have a "normal" job.

• bork

Posted August 05, 2006 - 04:54 PM

For a600 R rear ? . I got mine at bearing dealer & was not happy for the price from china! & they failed about 3 years later again! ( light riding like 1-2 a month ) I wander if a double sided seal would last longer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • captb

Posted August 05, 2006 - 05:24 PM

Sealed on both sides should be better in conditions with water, or pack with a good grade of waterproof marine grease, there maybe stainless availible less prone to rust. If you get the bearing measurements you can check bearing suppliers online or local and have more choices in brand and quality. When I lived in Fl. riding the swamps I replaced the rears in my PE250 from a local bearing supplier I think it was Terry bearing or Fl. nut and bolt. Honda Direct has the lowest prices but not the fastest, I order when I need a $100 or more and the shipping free. http://www.hondadirectline.com/

• Redlines

Posted August 06, 2006 - 01:35 AM

Hey Thanks for all the responses. I am going to go with the Pivot works or get them from Honda direct.

• dukeryder

Posted August 07, 2006 - 06:06 PM

That guy (bearings4toyz) sells Chinese Junk Bearings,

I ordered a set for my bike and he sent me a set for a ZXR Ninja, and when I asked for a refund/exchange he never replied I left - Feedback and he retaliated by also leaving negative feedback for me saying "He got what he ordered"

Needless to say I'll never do business with that :thumbsup: A**hole again. I ordered up some from Service Honda, and have used Moose Brand wheelbearings on my Front dirtwheel.

That :ride: also said he's sue me for "Slander" for posting on this website about his shady business practices.

• Redlines

Posted August 07, 2006 - 07:43 PM

Thanks dukerider I thought his stuff might be garbage at that price.

• CrashTestDummyTraveler

Posted August 08, 2006 - 07:03 AM

That guy selling Chinese bearings on eBay may have some problems in that he sent the wrong bearings, but that says nothing about the quality of the bearings.

Marshall and several other distributors are now selling Chinese bearings.... I've bought them through my local dealer and I've bought them overseas..... there are good ones and bad ones.

China has bought modern equipment in recent years to make that stuff - so the quality has vastly improved.... but the metalurgy sometimes lacks.

That said, the Japanese stuff lacks sometimes too....

The key thing is, always use bearings for wheels that end in -2RS , these are the double sealed bearings.

I use the Chinese bearing these days (I get them really cheap.... really!) and if they go bad I swap them out - no big deal. Then again, I can't remember that last time I had a wheel bearing go bad. Maybe it's because I hate riding in the mud? :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.