YZ450 off road

3 replies to this topic
  • lastchild

Posted August 03, 2006 - 05:52 PM

YZ450 off road...I am sure a bunch of you have done it but does it work.
I am more concerned with gearing and suspension...I know it needs hanguards, skidplate, etc.

• CROGGR

Posted August 03, 2006 - 06:16 PM

The bike has heap big potential! I've revalved the suspension to be more forgiving yet harder to bottom! It works awesome off road and still better than stock for moto! I just added a GYT flywheel (9oz heavier) and consider it a must for off road. Even Chad Reed uses a GYT flywheel (5oz) for moto. The stock one is way too small! The flywheel made a huge difference for the better! The bike has way more response down low and the bike hooks up much quicker and just flat hauls. And it doesn't stall in the corners and can chug over rocks and logs! On one radical trail loop we have up here in the Rocky Mountains....I was having to run in first gear for most of the loop, now it will do everything in second and even third, except one real tight section! Yet the bike still revs really quick and seems to have more thrust! I would have never thought a flywheel could do sooo much and still not effect the other great things about the motor! Add some hand guards, skid plate, and a tank and your set. Top speed in in the mid to top eighties! With the flywheel it feels like you could gear up and still be able to trail ride some gnarly stuff. Enjoy your ride!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lastchild

Posted August 04, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Has anyone had Factory Connection do their stuff for off road on this bike?
Results?

Thanks.

• lastchild

Posted August 04, 2006 - 10:32 PM

never mind...i answered my own question. finally figured out how to search this forum!

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.