• kc55555

Posted August 03, 2006 - 04:58 PM

How did you break in your bike?

• clark4131

Posted August 03, 2006 - 09:14 PM

I've always followed this method with good results...SC

• MountainMax

Posted August 04, 2006 - 08:09 AM

I used the same method, In general I was always told to not be afraid to roll the throttle even up to full but just don't keep it there long, it will seat everything in better/faster.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ADVnaut

Posted August 04, 2006 - 08:17 AM

+1 on mototune. Cooling cycles are important in the first twenty miles!

• Bullwinkle

Posted August 04, 2006 - 03:05 PM

For me, take it easy for the first few miles (ten or fifteen minutes) just to make sure everything is put together right - then HAMMER it. (Don't forget your frequent maintenance in the beginning. I'd also say vary your speed a lot, but hey - it's a dirt bike you're already doing that.) Break 'em in slow they'll always be slow.
Just my $.02 worth.
:thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted August 04, 2006 - 04:10 PM

First I thought you said "break your bike" and I am up to about 187 ways to do this :ride:

As far as "break in" goes, roll it on just no prolonged constants at any RPM, cooling cycles are important before race pace :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.