drz or wr .WHAT WUD U DO?

13 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 19, 2001 - 07:54 AM

am getin all advice i can of which bike to buy when i sell my klx 250.am gonna be using it for road use aswell as off road use and if i do get a wr it will b 2nd hand with road legal kit on.i do think the wr looks great and have been told by every1that the powers great,but a few things have give me doubts like it stalling easy and then avin 2 get it right when ur kicking it up again sweating ur bolloxs off trying to kick it up all time dont appeal 2 me!the drz i think has electric start which would b 1 plus point but i dont like suzukis much and they dont look no where near as good as a wr.nuff said WHAT WOULD U DO?????????

Posted November 19, 2001 - 08:03 AM

More Research....

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

Posted November 19, 2001 - 08:06 AM

More Research....

Doh......I crack myself up!

Seriously Dude...What forum is this anyway?

Dude search the archives....There is plenty of material to go through.

Bonzai :)

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 19, 2001 - 08:17 AM

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:
More Research....

Doh......I crack myself up!

Seriously Dude...What forum is this anyway?

Dude search the archives....There is plenty of material to go through.

Bonzai :)

• BlueThunder

Posted November 19, 2001 - 10:56 PM

Benny...buy the DRZ for sure. Why would anyone want the WR, it's got more power, better suspension and looks fantastic. Who would want one? :)

• littlemeh

Posted November 19, 2001 - 03:50 PM

Let me apologize for the rude comments that you received from the above postings. I guess that some of the TT'ers have forgotten that this is a DISCUSSION FORUM and that such forums rely on what?....discussion.

If I were planning on purchasing a bike with any intention of using it on the street, I would lean toward the DRZ.

#1 - You can purchase the bike already street legal with a key and electric start ignition.

#2 - The WR is pure and simple built race ready and is not designed with any thought of becoming a road legal bike. The DRZ on the other hand was made with an on-off road intention and will perform well on the road and on the dirt. Obviously, you will not be racing a road legal DRZ.

#3- The DRZ costs far less than the WR.

#4 - As far as stalling, my bike has never stalled, nor have I ever experienced a problem with starting the bike. It starts on the first kick every time.

When I was looking at buying a bike I also had the same dilemma that you are now experiencing. My friends all wanted me to buy an on-off road bike. But, I had no intention of riding the bike on the road so I went with the WR. Now, all of my friends wish they had done the same after breaking off their blinkers, mirrors and destroying the horn with some minor accidents. But, I would never recommend the WR to anyone who wants to use the bike for commuting. It is just not a commuting bike!

• funktree

Posted November 19, 2001 - 04:20 PM

I thought the comments were funny and helpful. There is a lot of information on this site. I became very well aquainted with the search feature while deciding on my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BlueThunder

Posted November 19, 2001 - 06:20 PM

funktree..thanks for having a sense of humor :)
littlemeh..get over it and grow a sense of humor :D
Benny..the WR makes a fine dual-sport if you are willing to convert it yourself, if not, DRZ-S is the bike for you. :D

Posted November 19, 2001 - 08:05 PM

Go for the WR and be happy! :)

• z4me

Posted November 20, 2001 - 04:01 PM

by da wr & u wil b good if u lik it.i wud du it 2 xcep my mom teld me no.thinks me shud b skoold b4i by it.ur rite da wr hard to kick if ur not betr by the dr.

• wayneoXCF

Posted November 20, 2001 - 05:39 PM

Uhhh, yeah, what he said ^.

• The_Missile

Posted November 21, 2001 - 01:55 AM

WR or bust...."Hard to start" stories are usually exaggerated. It takes a little patience and a routine. Rule 1 through 10....NEVER twist the throttle before its alive & breathing or you WILL hate life and experience sweaty bollox!!

• crazyadam

Posted November 21, 2001 - 03:25 AM

As a machinist, I think the yamaha is better built, and faster. if you want to buy and go.. the dr is an easier choice. but the WR is more fun! (and easy to start! :) ) either way -its more fun than no bike!

• Herman

Posted November 21, 2001 - 03:28 AM

Benny, I just recently made my 99 WR street legal and have zero regrets! I don't have much concern for the "looks" (although it is a looker), but it's got performace all over the DRZ. The WR is awesome on or off the road. On my WR I used to wheely through the gears in the desert of AZ and on the beaches at Rocky Point...now I'm thumpin' on the roads around Tokyo Japan searchin for some breathen room. Just the same, the WR rocks...I went through several bikes to finally figure that out; don't do the same. The kick start is well worth the payoff in performace.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.