How to Raise Forks?

3 replies to this topic
  • mikem

Posted November 19, 2001 - 07:11 AM

Several people have suggested raising the front forks in the clamps by 5 to 8mm for better tight woods handling. This may be a dumb question, But it looks like I can only raise them 2-3mm before I run into the bottom of my handlebars. How do I raise them??

• Mr_Toyz

Posted November 19, 2001 - 07:20 AM

Sounds like you've already got them raised. Measure the distance from the top of the the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube. This measurement is the one you are looking for.

Mr T

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 19, 2001 - 08:26 AM

Sounds like your still using the stock bars and tripple clamp. If that is the case then you are very limited as to how far you can raise them. I'm running Renthal Fat Bars with the Universal Mounts which raise the bar a full 20mm from the stock setting. That's how I pulled mine up by 1/2 inch. I will tell you though, Raising them mad a major difference in my turnability. I also went to a 13 Counter Sproket and shortened up my wheel base by a 1/2 inch which also helps in the tight stuff.

MR TOYZ: Love the Signature.....Now thats Comedy!

What...No Jock Strap and Cup...Man you're Livin On The Edge!

Bonzai :)

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 19, 2001 - 11:28 AM

You should carry $5.00 in there as well. You never know when, where, how or why you might need $5.00...

but when you need it, YOU'LL KNOW!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.