wr400 subframe will a wr450 one fit

2 replies to this topic
  • uselesshippy

Posted August 03, 2006 - 02:25 AM

hi, anyone know if i can fit an alloy WR450 03 subframe to a 99 wr400 been offered one cheap. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stranglersfan

Posted August 03, 2006 - 04:58 PM

After looking at pics of both of those frames on the yamaha oem parts site http://www.yamaha-mo...parts/home.aspx (follow steps 1-3 to select model etc), i don't think you'll have a problem as all the mountings are the same. The only slight difference i can see is at the top of the frame where the seat sits, There are two brackets which i think retain the battery box so you may have to grind these off for your 00WR seat to fit? I know when i fitted an 03 YZF450 rear frame to my 02 WR426 the only mod i had to do was grind about 1/2" off the top mount where it slots over the frame mounting where the retaining bolt pinches them tight together. That was because i fitted the 03 YZF Airbox and that has a different top-mount than the WR. But i don't think you'll have this problem though as they look identical apart from what i mentioned above. Sorry i don't sound convincing enough but on a percentage basis, i would say i was 95% sure it'd fit no probs.
Maybe someone has done it to an 00/01/02 WR 400/426 as i would imagine the frames havent altered during these years, only the CC....

Anyway, i'm starting to waffle, so i'll leave it there :ride: good luck :thumbsup:

• Stranglersfan

Posted August 03, 2006 - 05:24 PM

By the way.... Your 1st post, welcome to TT...
there's some experts on here, sadly i'm not one of them nor do i try to be, but i just thought i'd try and help. if i were you, i'd get it and try it, if it don't fit (which i doubt) sell it on ebay. it'll be snapped up, coz i know when i was looking for one 2nd hand, i couldn't find them for love nor money and had to buy one brand new from the U.S which cost me a lotta money (granted, still tonnes cheaper than buying one here in the U.K!)

let us know how you get on........

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.