Race Tech suspension

5 replies to this topic
  • higgy426

Posted November 19, 2001 - 05:12 AM

Has anyone had their suspension done by race tec
if so how was the service good bad were you happy with the work they did?

mike

• MN_Kevin

Posted November 19, 2001 - 12:55 PM

Unless you are set on Race Tech, check out these guys. Motocross Action rates them #1 on a YZ250 fork mod shootout. One of our guys, bill the moderator out of PA had both ends done by MX-Tech.
They are a heck of a lot closer than CA, unless there is a satellite shop doing the work for you.
The owner, Jeremy Whitley(?) is a member of Thumper Talk

http://www.mx-tech.com/core.asp

• Paul_Thistle

Posted November 19, 2001 - 05:11 PM

Gee Higgy, You know the magazines never misrepresent anything, Do they?
I always like to talk to the surgeon, if he can tell me simply what he is going to do without using a lot of big words, and not try to impress me with his technical knowledge, then I'm there. But when he has reinvented sliced bread I"m outta there.

So find someone local. Tell them what you want."My bike is kicking my but in the choppy stuff" or "It steers like a lizard on pain killers". Then when you get the suspension back, ride it in the same places, does it still kick your but? if not tell him or if it still does tell him. adjustments can be made and you bike 's suspension will slowly fit the way you ride.
It's an ongoing process. I like the Type I Race Tech valves and after I valve someones ride, I learn what they need and like.
PT

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted November 19, 2001 - 06:41 PM

Paul,
I am neither gullible nor foolish, surely not that that was implied. :) Of all the magazines (Dirt Bike, Dirt Rider, MXA), I would say MXA is the least I would expect a payola condition from happening.

I will recite what I have already said, "Big shop names don't mean big shop gains".

I was going to recommend someone local as well, but refrained from it. When I was racing AMA MX Dist. 6, a "Local Shop" did "Race Porting". I came to find out this shop had a tendency to build engines that blew up.

So much for "Local shops"...

• Paul_Thistle

Posted November 20, 2001 - 05:45 PM

NH Kevin, Have you ever been riding with "those guys from california".I can't help but class them all together. I try to read them all, and then do like everyone else, belive what I want to.

I completely agree about big shop names, And would go so far as to say service wise it probably means the opposite. Service everywhere comes and goes, but with a little persistance it can be found.

And the main thing ..... I'm just another opinon.
PT

• Steve_Claus

Posted November 20, 2001 - 07:57 PM

Originally posted by NH Kevin:
Unless you are set on Race Tech, check out these guys. Motocross Action rates them #1 on a YZ250 fork mod shootout. One of our guys, bill the moderator out of PA had both ends done by MX-Tech.
They are a heck of a lot closer than CA, unless there is a satellite shop doing the work for you.
The owner, Jeremy Whitley(?) is a member of Thumper Talk

http://www.mx-tech.com/core.asp

I agree...MX-Tech is great! I won't say whom, but one of the MX-Tech guys will be contributing to ThumperTalk (as the site's suspension expert) in the near future...stay tuned! :)

--Steve

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.