Have you ever had a dirty oil strainer screen?

1 reply to this topic
  • chicagobikefan

Posted August 02, 2006 - 06:13 AM

When you change your oil & filter, do you also inspect the oil strainer screen? If you have, have you ever found it to be dirty? I'm asking because I forgot to do it at the last oil change and now I'm a little nervous. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted August 02, 2006 - 06:55 AM

When you change your oil & filter, do you also inspect the oil strainer screen? If you have, have you ever found it to be dirty? I'm asking because I forgot to do it at the last oil change and now I'm a little nervous. :thumbsup:

There are two screens. One in the frame and one in the engine. I only clean the one in the engine when I have it apart for something else. I never have found much on the one in the engine. Most of the crap seems to end up on the one in the frame. I only clean it every 3 or 4 oil changes, unless I have done some engine work. Then I clean it every time for the first few oil changes.

I wouldn't worry about it, just do it next time.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.