What wide footpegs are available for WR's? Any have them?

7 replies to this topic
  • hartzpad

Posted August 02, 2006 - 05:28 AM

Rocky Mountain ATV has 3 or 4 different aftermarket footpegs for the WR and some of them are wider than stock, but they are all around $80. Has anyone purchased some aftermarket pegs that they really like? My stock pegs are too dull and I'm also looking for something wider.

• Turismo

Posted August 02, 2006 - 05:41 AM

I think they are all wider than stock.
Any pegs for the Yamaha from '97 onwards will fit.

I got sunline stainless steel pegs, they have triple row teeth and grip really good.
They look the same as chad reed's pegs, but cheaper because they are stainless and not titanium.

If you want to lower your pegs a bit, the fastway pegs are a good option. They have changable studs for teeth, they seem like a great design.

The next type of pegs are those rocker style of peg. The pegs rock backwards and forwards, ment to be real great. I would like to at least try some out for my self, maybe next bike.

• Punisher660

Posted August 02, 2006 - 08:02 AM

Stay away from the fastway pegs....the studs aren't nearly as sharp as regular teeth and they become very slick as soon as they get wet or muddy.

IMS Pro is the way to go :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted August 02, 2006 - 01:03 PM

Stay away from the fastway pegs....the studs aren't nearly as sharp as regular teeth and they become very slick as soon as they get wet or muddy.

I love my Fastways. A quick hit with the dremel and the studs will eat through concrete, even wet and muddy concrete. Plus, they're replaceable...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drewpeacock

Posted August 02, 2006 - 02:08 PM

I really like these. https://www.powerpeg...ation_small.gif
Everyone who has ridden my bike have commented on how much they like them.

• Punisher660

Posted August 02, 2006 - 02:13 PM

I love my Fastways. A quick hit with the dremel and the studs will eat through concrete, even wet and muddy concrete. Plus, they're replaceable...SC

So did you just sharpen them to a point, or what exactally did you do? Mine are slick more times than not, but I haven't really done anything to try to mod them.

• clark4131

Posted August 02, 2006 - 04:25 PM

I cut a little slot in the top of them with a cutoff wheel. It gave them a lot more bite. I agree they would get slippery in the goo, but not any more...SC

• SID013

Posted August 02, 2006 - 11:30 PM

I'd have to agree with you there drewpeacock. I have some on my WR450 & find them extremely stabilising for my feet. 10/10 :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.