xr650r uncorked and more

6 replies to this topic
  • xr650danne

Posted August 02, 2006 - 02:20 AM

I am waiting for my ordered parts for my xr650r. My bike is stock but uncorked.

I am about to shange airfilter to a K&N hi flow filter.
Change the backfire screen.
Open up the side panel
Change the carburator to a Tm40-6 with acc-pump
Change the header pipe to a fmf powerbomb header pipe. Use the stock exhaust.

Who has done similar upgrades and did you notis any diffens.

I can say that my xr650r is brutal in its nature, uncorked it flyes up on the backwheel at 3:th gear, without pulling the handles or using the clutch. I start to wounder if the bike is stock or powered up as it is :thumbsup:

• Fordskin

Posted August 02, 2006 - 03:55 AM

As general guide most xr650r's won't wheelie in 3rd by themselves unless you pull back slightly. Maybe if my jetting\gearing was just right and i nail it right in the meat of rev range then maybe mine will wheelie on power alone but mostly not. Mines stock but uncorked and i weigh 240 pounds. :thumbsup:

• skyriver

Posted August 02, 2006 - 11:00 AM

I weigh 210 w/out gear so I'm guessing 220 minimum and if I'm on blacktop or have good traction my bike will definitely wheelie in 3rd. It is "uncorked." It has stock gearing, FMF Hi-Flo headers and FMF Powercore IV can. I would think any uncorked XR650R with good traction should wheelie in 3rd without any pulling for riders up to 240-250 range. Depends on where you sit and how the rear spring is. I have a 10.5 g Eibach spring with the shock adjusted for aggressive trail riding and it still wheelies no problem if I sit in a "normal" position. If I hug the tank (4.3gal Clarke) then it doesn't really "wheelie", but the front wheel will come off the ground.

So, I guess, I would generally disagree with the "as general guide most xr650r's won't wheelie in 3rd".

An uncorked 650R is in your words "brutal in nature"... Why do you think we love them!!??

Have fun... Be careful. It's a LOT of bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650danne

Posted August 02, 2006 - 02:23 PM

I have read that the xr650r with the setup i am about to do will weele on 5:th gear without pulling and/or clutching, so the future will tell, but after some hard work with the jetting and :thumbsup: and :ride: and maby the pig will be even more brutal :ride: , lots of :cry:

• MindBlower

Posted August 02, 2006 - 02:48 PM

I have read that the xr650r with the setup i am about to do will weele on 5:th gear without pulling and/or clutching, so the future will tell, but after some hard work with the jetting and :thumbsup: and :ride: and maby the pig will be even more brutal :ride: , lots of :cry:

Dream on. :ride:

• GetBent

Posted August 02, 2006 - 03:57 PM

I had no idea my BRP even had a 5th gear! Honestly, I have never been out of third yet. My pig has the "moose" power up kit. It is uncorked, jetted, and has the manifold #16211-mbn-640. Stock gearing and it rips! Will definetly pull up in third, unless I am sitting on the tank. 5th gear wheelies? Doubt it.

• qwik-E-02CR

Posted August 02, 2006 - 04:05 PM

whats "uncorked"?

and ive riding a stock xr650 and i went home with 1 arm! lol

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.