Best Place for OEM Parts Online?

6 replies to this topic
  • Poe

Posted August 01, 2006 - 04:24 PM

I need some OEM parts for my new-to-me '93 XR650L and I'm new to Hondas. Who do you guys like for good prices and fast service? Bikebandit? Service Honda? Ron Ayers? Other?

One of the things I need is a head cover gasket. Is it best to use the OEM gasket - or is there something else out there just as good (or better) for less?

Thanks.

• motochris

Posted August 01, 2006 - 07:45 PM

I've used Service Honda with good results. I always recommend your local dealer though.

• Mireles52

Posted August 01, 2006 - 07:47 PM

Motosport outlet

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drjon

Posted August 01, 2006 - 08:02 PM

I've used Bikebandit quite a bit.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted August 02, 2006 - 05:54 AM

I've used service honda quite often, I have found that bike bandit is to much $ for the same stuff. Their parts finder (bikebandits) is irritating to use if you want to just browse general items.

My local shop sucks. There is ONE guy in there who knows that motorcycles have two wheels, and the other things have 4. The rest of the help is less than worthless. They couldnt look up the Catalog name on the cover much less find anything in it.

I also just got a "special" from my local shop via email & that Owner's link bullhockey site for:

"$79.99 Oil & Filter Change offer—Includes oil, filter, labor, and disposal fees (if any)."

$79.99 for an "Oil & Filter change" on a dirtbike? Are they flippin stoned? WHO in the hell would pay $80 damn dollars for an oil change on a dirtbike?!?!!???????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 02, 2006 - 11:10 AM

I've used service honda quite often, I have found that bike bandit is to much $ for the same stuff. Their parts finder (bikebandits) is irritating to use if you want to just browse general items.

My local shop sucks. There is ONE guy in there who knows that motorcycles have two wheels, and the other things have 4. The rest of the help is less than worthless. They couldnt look up the Catalog name on the cover much less find anything in it.

I also just got a "special" from my local shop via email & that Owner's link bullhockey site for:

"$79.99 Oil & Filter Change offer—Includes oil, filter, labor, and disposal fees (if any)."

$79.99 for an "Oil & Filter change" on a dirtbike? Are they flippin stoned? WHO in the hell would pay $80 damn dollars for an oil change on a dirtbike?!?!!???????????????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??????

I use to work in the parts department of a few motorcycle shops when I was younger, loved it. But we were all great parts people, all riders and racers back then. Most parts peopel I see today are just kids looking for another job as the dealser don;t want to pay for a quality professional parts person. Too bad for them, they would definitly make more money. I think they think since peopel buy off line so much they don;t make enough money ot pay a pro parts person....what a shame. When I did parts there were stools at the counter and you were encouraged to sit and bench race and get to be freinds withus the guys behind the counter...ahhh the good old days of motorcycling! Only the bikes are better now...bummer!

• noshoes

Posted August 02, 2006 - 02:52 PM

I use to work in the parts department of a few motorcycle shops when I was younger, loved it. But we were all great parts people, all riders and racers back then. Most parts peopel I see today are just kids looking for another job as the dealser don;t want to pay for a quality professional parts person. Too bad for them, they would definitly make more money. I think they think since peopel buy off line so much they don;t make enough money ot pay a pro parts person....what a shame. When I did parts there were stools at the counter and you were encouraged to sit and bench race and get to be freinds withus the guys behind the counter...ahhh the good old days of motorcycling! Only the bikes are better now...bummer!

I remember them days....sigh
I haven't found a decent Honda Dealer in AZ yet. Every single one in the Phx area has boned me one way or the other. We got a new one last year, and I bought a new XRL from them. Took it in for first tuneup stuff, and they stripped the sparky plug hole getting the plug out. Took em 7 (seven) weeks to get the bike back to me...I was not a happy camper. I don't even want to buy a filter from them now....

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  186 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 4 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.