Manual for Edelbrock carb online?

7 replies to this topic
  • pburke

Posted August 01, 2006 - 02:31 PM

Anyone know if there's a pdf online somewhere so I can read up on the that carb? It was installed in the bike I bought, but I didn't get a manual for it. It's running fine, but I want to know what to do when I run into problems. Can't find the documentation on the Edelbrock site.

Peter

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 02, 2006 - 06:29 AM

Yeah, the Edelbrock company website is clearly for 4-wheel dudes mostly. They do have a "Tech Center", but it is hidden pretty good. I couldn't find the PDF for the XRR Quicksilver (Edelbrock #3115) or ANY Quicksilver, but you might take your own look-see: go to the company main site "edelbrock.com" and click "Product Warranty" at the top. Then click "Tech Center" on the left side of the page and it will take you to their document listing. The Quicksilver should be in the listing "3000-30000" but it isn't.

Pester 'em. Send em an email saying you need a PDF file for the #3115 manual. See what they say. You know they have one, they just haven't gotten around to posting it. My guess is they will send you the file.

You lucked out, getting your QS carb already on your R. I got one about a year ago and the improved throttle response is sweet.

Ride safe.

• pburke

Posted August 02, 2006 - 07:04 AM

thanks, looks like I'll have to bug the webmaster :thumbsup:

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 02, 2006 - 07:08 AM

let me know if you don't have any luck getting them to send you the PDF.

Worse case I'll copy mine and email or fax you the pages. Ugly, but at least you'll have a manual...

:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Agent2

Posted August 02, 2006 - 07:37 AM

Are we talking about the 4 page installation manual that comes with the carb, or something with a little more detail? The installation manual doesn't have much in the way of schematics, rebuild procedures etc. which is the info I would like to get.

• pburke

Posted August 02, 2006 - 10:40 AM

the seller found what he has in his toolbox - getting it in the mail :thumbsup:

I'm mostly interested in the adjustment instructions.

Peter

• InternalCombustion

Posted August 06, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Update on the Quicksilver Owners Manual. I scanned it into a Word document, but even scanning the pages on the lowest setting, the document is still 8 MB. And zipping it barely dents the size down at all.

I was going to post the doc in My Garage so anyone who needed it could access it, but I do not want to hog-up that much server storage.

Anyway, I converted it to a PDF and that's got it down to about 6.5 MB, so if anyone needs the manual and doesn't mind the freaking file size, let me know and I'll email it.

Ride safe.

• pburke

Posted August 06, 2006 - 07:42 PM

you could email it to me and I can post it on my server (got my own box with more than a terabyte of drive space).

Didn't get the original in the mail yet. PM me for my email address if you want to do that,

Peter

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.