2006 wr450 valves adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • jneeley

Posted July 31, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Any body knw if there is a resource somewhere that walks you through the process of checking the valves on the 06 wr450. My buddy has a video that shows him how to do the valves on his 06 yz450f, and I was wondering if you giys have any jnowledge of such an animal.

j

• OneToGo

Posted July 31, 2006 - 08:17 PM

Dont know about a video but the manual is easy to follow for checking the valves.
Leaves a bit to be desired for changing the shims though - which of course is a much bigger job!
About a year ago an Aussie Mag did a very good writeup on the WR head and all checks including valve shims. I'll see if I can track it down. From memory it was about three pages with tips and pics - very good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted July 31, 2006 - 08:47 PM

It's the same, identical engine....borrow your buddy's video and make a copy!

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 31, 2006 - 09:39 PM

It's the same, identical engine....borrow your buddy's video and make a copy!

Not quite. The 06 WR has basically the same engine as an 03 (w/ lower compression and milder cams) while the 06 YZ engine was a new from the ground up design for 2006. Following the YZ valve vid would be cool though...same basic principle :thumbsup:

• Majesticman

Posted August 02, 2006 - 07:44 PM

Saw one on ebay.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.