running question....

1 reply to this topic
  • gamblingwithguns

Posted July 31, 2006 - 02:23 PM

2002 xr650l only mod that i know of (white bro e series pipe) i purchased the bike used. The bike starts and idles great and runs perfect, but if you run it at open road speeds for apprx 10-20 miles at 60 + mph and approach a needed stop and you let off the throttle and pull the clutch in it will almost always idle down and then kill the engine. You can work the throttle and it will not go dead or you can down shift and it will not go dead....anyone had this problem?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted August 01, 2006 - 08:03 AM

2002 xr650l only mod that i know of (white bro e series pipe) i purchased the bike used. The bike starts and idles great and runs perfect, but if you run it at open road speeds for apprx 10-20 miles at 60 + mph and approach a needed stop and you let off the throttle and pull the clutch in it will almost always idle down and then kill the engine. You can work the throttle and it will not go dead or you can down shift and it will not go dead....anyone had this problem?

Just needs a little tweaking on the jetting.
Do you know what's in it? has the needle been raised?
If the low-speed fuel screw is 3 or more turns out, it needs a larger pilot. See what its set at, then try it at 2.5 turns out. If that's better, you're set. If not, find out what the jets are.

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.