Magnetic oil drain bolts.

23 replies to this topic
  • climaxx dirtbikes

Posted June 16, 2010 - 01:43 PM

Out of stock for the last couple of days...?

• jontron

Posted June 16, 2010 - 03:48 PM

Be careful of the plug sold on tt. I was using a torque wrench, and the bolt broke in half. Quite cheap metal and I had fun trying to get out the broken half of the bolt.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted June 16, 2010 - 09:06 PM

Be careful of the plug sold on tt. I was using a torque wrench, and the bolt broke in half. Quite cheap metal and I had fun trying to get out the broken half of the bolt.

You should learn how to use your torque wrench, or better yet, don't try to use one at all.
It only needs to be nipped up mate. :thumbsup:

I got tt magnet plugs on both my 450 and 250, they been on the bikes for the last 5 years. They are nice anodized blue aluminium bolts, and seem fine to me.

• tacotory

Posted June 17, 2010 - 07:49 PM

You should learn how to use your torque wrench, or better yet, don't try to use one at all.
It only needs to be nipped up mate. :thumbsup:

I got tt magnet plugs on both my 450 and 250, they been on the bikes for the last 5 years. They are nice anodized blue aluminium bolts, and seem fine to me.

Agreed. Just snug it up. No need for a torque wrench.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.