Gas tank bolt stuck

3 replies to this topic
  • 116CJ

Posted July 31, 2006 - 03:49 AM

Just a warning don't tighten your gas tank bolts too much. mine got stuck and is just spinning the brass. kind of pisses me off since its a brand new bike and i didn' think i made it that tight either. oh well just figured i would throw that out there. i was talking to a guy at the races who had the same thing happen on his 06 also. I hit it with some pb and tried getting it out with an impact but no luck. im going to have to drill it off. any one know what a new tank costs?

• Ga426owner

Posted July 31, 2006 - 04:21 AM

Are you talking about the gas tank bolt at the front/top of the tank or the shroud bolts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 116CJ

Posted July 31, 2006 - 04:23 AM

shroud bolt

• Alex_YZ450F

Posted July 31, 2006 - 07:44 AM

Bran-new I think gass tanks cost around $200.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.