What Side chassis protector options do I have

12 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted July 30, 2006 - 04:10 PM

I notice the sides of my Painted Steel frame on my 2006 WR is getting rubbed off by my bike boots, what is out there that i can put to protect this? I have found yamaha protectors but for only older Yz's

• TwoBobRob

Posted July 30, 2006 - 05:57 PM

I have Acerbis plastic frame protectors on my 03, they're nice and tall, protecting most all of the frame in that area :thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 30, 2006 - 08:22 PM

I put some duct tape on mine. the tape is black and it does the job. At the end of the ride, I take it off.

Its cheap, but it works. Sometimes I have to use a little solvent to remove the glue from the tape (that or a little gasoline works great)

• DWS450

Posted July 30, 2006 - 08:29 PM

Your local Moto shop will have sheets of clear tape... may be too late to retain that New Blue look though. I used this & aluminum frame guards from day 1... perfect combo, still looks new.

• old man dan

Posted July 30, 2006 - 08:35 PM

I used to use the clear plastic leftovers from my number plate covers. worked great.

• MountainMax

Posted July 31, 2006 - 10:19 AM

clear tape is definately too late, paint is rubbed off already, does anyone make any kind of cover? and can i buy some touch-up paint or get a code so i can mix some at the local paint shop.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 06WR450FSM

Posted July 31, 2006 - 10:40 AM

I went for the Works Connection frame guards. They cover most of the potential rub area. A little blue paint should take care of any rubbed off paint that still shows.

• SID013

Posted July 31, 2006 - 03:51 PM

Hi Mountain, I bought CRD frame guards as I found the same problems. Unfortunately too late but the aluminium guards now cover the worn areas. Picture on the link below.

http://www.leisuretr... Protection.htm

• MountainMax

Posted July 31, 2006 - 04:52 PM

Yeah that is what IM looking for 4sure, only here in Canada if Possible.

• Turismo

Posted July 31, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hey Max, what tall seat are you using on your bike?
Sorry about the hijack!

• MountainMax

Posted August 01, 2006 - 04:39 AM

No problem Turismo, i bought the foam and cover from Guts Racing as recommended by guys here on TT

Click Here For Guts Racing Site

• Beejay

Posted August 02, 2006 - 04:07 PM

Got the GYTR aluminium gaurds, check with your local Yammie dealer.

• MountainMax

Posted August 03, 2006 - 04:12 PM

I did, they only listed them for certain year yz's no listings for wr, do you have the part numbers that fit the 05/06 WR's??

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.