shud i buy 1 ?????

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 17, 2001 - 10:31 PM

av got a klx250 and it just aint powerful enuff 4 me!a like goin off road riding and on road alot 2.av read alot ov things all good about the wr400f buuut are they true??? shud i buy 1?? are they fairly easy enuff 2 maintain or are they a pain a dont wanna b messing wi it all time as am not very good when it cums to fixing them and stuff a just like riding them.or is there better bikes out there like the wr400?

• gavin500

Posted November 17, 2001 - 04:53 PM

I sold my KLX300 to get a WR400.
I was happy with the KLX until I started riding with other people and soon realized how under powered it was.
Mods such as a new carby, exhuast were going to cost... But known to slap a sh!t load more power out of the bike. But the KLX was plagued by other problems such as gearbox and starting gear playing up of which had been happening with all previous klx's.
In the end I sold it and got a WR and never looked back. After near 10,000kms on my first WR I sold it, then bought a KTM, disliked it and sold it after 6months and bought another WR400.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 18, 2001 - 06:36 AM

thanx gavin ur just 1 ov many ppl who have said its worth getin a wr 400,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • joao_pedro

Posted November 18, 2001 - 09:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by benny:

Benny, I understand your aims, since I've tried a klx once and thought it a little anemic! Well, the wr is a fantastic bike that has an overbursting power specially on the "enduro cronos" (i don't ride championship but i tried the bike in one crono, it's amazing and far more pure breed than mine (600xr) or yours! But... an if ! My mechanician, told me that every single wr he changes oil filter, this part appears full of metal particles ! I don't think that's a sign of a healthy and reliable bike! do you?
keep riding !
JP

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 18, 2001 - 09:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joao pedro:

Benny, I understand your aims, since I've tried a klx once and thought it a little anemic! Well, the wr is a fantastic bike that has an overbursting power specially on the "enduro cronos" (i don't ride championship but i tried the bike in one crono, it's amazing and far more pure breed than mine (600xr) or yours! But... an if ! My mechanician, told me that every single wr he changes oil filter, this part appears full of metal particles ! I don't think that's a sign of a healthy and reliable bike! do you?
keep riding !
JP
[/QUOTE]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted November 18, 2001 - 09:29 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joao pedro:

keep riding !
JP
[/QUOTE]
thanx mate,av heard a bit bout the oil filters .but surely yamaha no what there doin when making a bike ?a still ant decided yet its either a drz400 or a wr400......?????

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: benny ]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.